Search Unity

App store publishing with PC

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Chrisv007, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Chrisv007

Chrisv007

Hi,

I've been doing some research on the issue but all the answers I found date from 3 to 4 years ago so I'm wondering if amything has changed.

I use a PC to run Unity (2017.1) so everything is developped from there. Is there a way to publish my games from this same PC to the Apple App Store? I use an iphone as my cell (if that helps anything). I don't want to buy an expensive Apple machine. I already have a very good PC. I havn't activated my Apple developper account yet. I'm waiting on an answer to this post. Is there a simple answer to this? lol

Thanks
    Chris

John3D likes this.
  2. Moonjump

Moonjump

There doesn't appear to be a reliable way of doing it. My suggestion would be to buy a second-hand Mac Mini (preferably a late 2012 model (which was on sale for 2 years)), and you should be able to get your money back on it afterwards.

3. Chrisv007

Chrisv007

Thanks. Does this Mac need to run Unity or just Xcode? Basically, can I build the game on my pc and then simply import the build in Xcode on the Mac then publish it from there?

4. Chrisv007

Chrisv007

Anyone?

5. orb

orb

You should have Unity too, so that you can make quick changes if the exported build needs some tweaks to build.

6. Chrisv007

Chrisv007

Perfect! Thanks.

7. rushk1

rushk1

8. John3D

John3D

Hi Chris,

I'm in the same situation as you where. I want to port my Android games made with Unity to iOS and App Store.
    What solution did you choose?

Thanks!
    John

9. Chrisv007

Chrisv007

Hi John,
    I will go with a Mac Mini. They're about 500$ CAD new. I did'nt want to buy a Mac but from what i'm reading, there is no way around it. I realy like apple products (phone, tablet) but i'm a bit disgusted by them at the moment because they fixed it so no devs can upload to the app store without having a mac computer. I find that pretty greedy from such a big company. In the end, a dev's gotta do what a dev's gotta do.

John3D likes this.
  10. Mauri

Mauri

11. timebenter

timebenter