Search Unity

App Store Privacy Survey

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by K1kk0z90_Unity, Sep 5, 2021.

1. K1kk0z90_Unity

K1kk0z90_Unity

Hi all :)
    I'm going to publish to Apple App Store a free game which monetizes using Unity Ads.
    I'm answering the Privacy Survey, necessary before submitting my app for revision. I'm using the following Unity guide: https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/ios/apple-privacy-survey . This is a huge help, but there are still some things missing and that I'm not understanding. Could someone please help me to understand the following things?

1. User contents: Gameplay Contents (for example a content generated by the user during gameplay). Should I answer Yes to this? And what about "Linked to user" and "Tracking"? It is the only field of the survey which is missing from Unity guide.

2. In Unity guide, for some data types (e.g. Location Data: Coarse Location), in the Linked to user? column it says "Not applicable", but it is different from "Not Linked to User", which is indicated for some other data types. Does it mean I still have to answer that it is not linked to user?

3. For many different data types (e.g. Device ID), Unity guide indicates in the Purpose "tracking". But in the survey I can't see this purpose. I can only see the following ones:
    • Third-party advertising
    • Developer marketing
    • Analytics
    • Product customization
    • App functionality
    • Other goals
    However, later in the survey for each data type, it asks me if that data type is used for "tracking". Does it mean I have to answer "Yes" to this only for data types for which Unity indicates "tracking" in the Purposes column of the table in the guide?

Please, can someone help me to understand these points? I'm not sure what to answer. Thank you very much in advance for your help! :)

2. K1kk0z90_Unity

K1kk0z90_Unity

No one can help me? :(

3. Unity_Quinn

Unity_Quinn

Unity Technologies

Hi @K1kk0z90_Unity, sorry for the delayed response! It looks like this post slipped through the cracks :oops:
    1. This is specific to your game/app and has no relationship to Unity Ads.
    2. Unity Ads does not collect location data from the device; however, we do geolocate based on IP address (that's why we say that we collect coarse location, though we do not use platform API to do so). Specifically, "not applicable" means that data isn't tracked.
    3. If you are using Unity Ads and provide the ATT flow for your users, then you are tracking for the purposes of third-party advertising.
    I hope this helps! :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    K1kk0z90_Unity likes this.
  4. K1kk0z90_Unity

K1kk0z90_Unity

Hi! Thank you very much for your answer! :)
    Point 1 and 2 are perfectly clear now, thank you!
    About point 3, what do you mean with ATT flow? At the moment I'm using Unity Ads and I let it automatically ask to a new user whether they want to see related ads vs generic ads (the default flow offered by Unity Ads, without any custom request). This means I should declare in the last question of the survey for each data type, that I'm tracking?

Thank you again for your help! :)

5. Unity_Quinn

Unity_Quinn

Unity Technologies

Yeah, if you're asking someone to opt-in to tracking (ATT = App Tracking Transparency), then you are tracking for the purposes of third-party advertising.

Does that answer your question?

K1kk0z90_Unity likes this.
  6. K1kk0z90_Unity

K1kk0z90_Unity

Yes, thank you very much! :) I'm going to complete the survey and send my app for revision :)

Unity_Quinn likes this.