Search Unity

App size had trebled in 2017 LTS

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by arkon, Jun 8, 2019.

1. arkon

arkon

My last build was an early 2017 build I think 2017.3, I'm re building with the latest
    LTS 2017 and my app has gone from 35mb to 95.7mb When I check the editor console log
    it shows it bringing every asset in the assets folder and not just those that are used.

I'm sure it used to be more intelligent and only bring in stuff that was used.

Any ideas Unity guys? is there an optimise tick box I've missed somewhere?

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you're able to reproduce that it works fine with 2017.3, but builds get significantly bigger after you upgrade the project to 2017.4 LTS, then you probably found a regression. In this case, I believe it would be best to submit a bug-report as described below.

If it's about Android and you enabled the new 64bit support in 2017.4 LTS, then it's expected that the app gets bigger though. But it should be code and libraries only, no assets.

Please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

3. arkon

arkon

No it was a Mac mono build, and the IOS build