Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Question App Signing using App Signing by Google Play

Discussion in 'Unity Distribution Portal (UDP)' started by thiagolrosa, Nov 4, 2020.

1. thiagolrosa

thiagolrosa

kennel_ likes this.
  2. Smireles

Smireles

Anyone? I have the same problem. I let Google Play handle that so I do not have my jks or any certificates. It is all kept in a "Google Play secure server", or so they say.
    What can I do? Let UDP assign and use keys as needed?

3. Smireles

Smireles

DucaDiMonteSberna and kennel_ like this.
  4. iddqd

iddqd

I have the same question and would appreciate an official answer.

If we generate a new key, like mentioned in the post above, then this will also be "another" key than the "App Signing by Google Play" key - so we could just as well let Unity handle the UDP keys, correct?

5. thiagolrosa

thiagolrosa

After absolutely no response from Unity team, I decided to try it for myself.

First I tried to "let UDP manage the private keys", which was NOT RECOMMENDED. It says it might be flagged as a dangerous app and it indeed was flagged just a few hours later.

So the only viable option was to upload my own certificate, as I'm using App Signing by Google, I used my "upload certificate" for UDP and it worked, no warnings from Google Play Protect.

iddqd likes this.
  6. DucaDiMonteSberna

DucaDiMonteSberna