Search Unity

Resolved App rejected for using TrueDepth API

Discussion in 'AR' started by fv_dave, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fv_dave

fv_dave

I have an iPad app using AR Foundation 2.1.4, ARKit Face Tracking 1.0.2, and ARkit XR Plugin 2.1.2. Apple rejected the app because it includes the TrueDepth APIs but isn't using them. Apple recommends upgrading the ARKit plugin and linked to an old forum post from 2017. The forum post says to uncheck "ARKit Uses Face Tracking", but that is not an available option in the settings, all I can do is make ARKit required or optional.

I have tried removing the ARKit Face Tracking package, but that causes build errors in Unity. I've searched the package documentation and couldn't find any information how to remove the TrueDepth APIs.

With the current version of the AR Foundation and AR Kit packages, how do I disable the TrueDepth APIs?

AbgaryanFX likes this.
  2. User340

User340

I think you do that in the Unity Preferences, have you checked?

3. fv_dave

fv_dave

There's nothing for AR in Unity preferences. The project settings only lets you select if AR Kit is required or optional. You're probably thinking of the deprecated AR Kit plugin.

I think I've solved it but I won't know for sure until it goes through Apple's review process, which is taking longer than normal right now. The key (I think!) was disabling assembly stripping in the project settings, along with removing the face tracking package and sample scripts. Since I had already made an Xcode project I had to delete the face tracking library in the Xcode project too.

shacharoz likes this.
  4. vrlittles

vrlittles

Did you solution work fv_dave?

5. dyuldashev

dyuldashev

I used AR Foundation just for ground plane detection and 3D model placement. Our app was rejected, and this is what Apple says: "During review, we found that your app includes TrueDepth APIs. However, we were not able to locate any features in your app that use TrueDepth APIs". Any solutions to this? Maybe, somewhere in the AR Foundation code, they are referencing this API. Thanks.

6. fv_dave

fv_dave

vrlittles: Yes, the solution I posted worked.

dyuldashev: That's exactly the same problem I had, my app is only using plane detection. Try the solution I posted above, no guarantees but it worked for me. Remove the face tracking package, disable assembly stripping, delete any sample scripts that give you build errors, and make sure face tracking library is removed from the Xcode project.

7. mubeenfa

mubeenfa

Apple rejected my app despite having removed the Face tracking package from package Manager.

What else I need to do, Can you explain

8. meritt

meritt

[QUOTE = "fv_dave, post: 5221478, member: 934355"] vrlittles: Sí, la solución que publiqué funcionó.

dyuldashev: Ese es exactamente el mismo problema que tuve, mi aplicación solo usa detección de plano. Pruebe la solución que publiqué anteriormente, no hay garantías, pero funcionó para mí. Elimine el paquete de seguimiento de rostros, desactive la eliminación de conjuntos, elimine los scripts de muestra que le dan errores de compilación y asegúrese de que la biblioteca de seguimiento de rostros se elimine del proyecto Xcode. [/ QUOTE]

¿Podría explicar con más detalle lo que hizo para eliminar el paquete de facetrack en xcode

9. eeddddd

eeddddd

@mubeenfa Did you find an answer to this? I'm having the same problem. Any tips would be great!

10. SynSeia

SynSeia

Hi, I'm facing the same problem using ARFoundation version 3.1.3 from april 23, 2020.

None of the solutions above worked for me, namely :
    - Removing the package in Unity generates a dependancies problem then the app can't be built
    - Removing the library directly in the Xcode project folder creates another build problem with Xcode
    - The face tracking is still present in the main ARFoundation Package

See the screenshot below :

Could we have the help of a developer working on ARFoundation please ?

Thanks in advance

11. poshaughnessey

poshaughnessey

@SynSeia I received the same rejection. I was able to get the project to compile by removing ARKit Face Tracking, and removing ARKitBlendShapeVisualizer.cs from the ARFoundationSampes/Scripts, which was the only class that was complaining. Haven't submitted the new build yet, but I hope it solves the issue that caused the rejection.

12. SynSeia

SynSeia

@poshaughnessey Thanks a lot for your working solution ! The app has been validated by Apple last week so I can confirm it was the way to go :)

13. Kvatro

Kvatro

@SynSeia @poshaughnessey forgive the rookie question, but how does one go about removing these? Is all the removing done in Xcode? I can't find ARKitBlendShapeVisualizer.cs in Xcode? I've tried removing references from build settings, but now I have this error:

ld: library not found for -lUnityARKit
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

14. Switch_devs

Switch_devs

We have just had exactly the same issue. Did you find any kind of solution?

15. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Make sure you remove anything that uses TrueDepth features. This may include the ARKit Face Tracking package and any samples in your project that use TrueDepth.

monoganog likes this.
  16. mgear

mgear

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  17. uz986

uz986

My first version got accepted by apple store. but then I did some changes in UI sections, and then tried to submit new version and it got rejected due to same reason as above.

Now I dont understand why I am facing this, I have face tracking disabled already and obviously dont have ARkit Face Tracking package installed at all, and I can not find anything related to true depth API, not to mention I didnt change anything in my Unity Project except for UI changes. I am attaching screenshot.

If anyone have any idea, let me know. Thank you
    upload_2021-3-15_15-30-10.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.