Search Unity

App pulled from google play for Appodeal violation, but I'm not using it anymore!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MBrown42, Sep 29, 2019.

1. MBrown42

MBrown42

Hello, I'm hoping someone can provide useful advice as this is starting to drive me crazy. Earlier this year I removed Appodeal and switched to AdMob only, then a month ago google pulled an app, and based on the attached email snippet, it was because I was using Appodeal. But I'm not! I removed every reference, file, etc from the Unity project, it is completely devoid of the phrase "Appodeal" anywhere. I removed all ad unit IDs and renamed the app IDs from Appodeal to deleteme, and am only using the AppIDS provided by AdMob.

Does anyone know why google play continues to identify my uploaded APKs as using Appodeal?
    What on earth am I missing?

Thank you!
    Matt GooglePlayViolation.png

2. Meltdown

Meltdown

Well, did you reach out to their policy support team?

MBrown42 likes this.
  3. RalphSW

RalphSW

Check if the version with the version code 106 is in any other track than production and remove it. I'd assume there's an old beta version that causes this problem.

MBrown42 likes this.
  4. MBrown42

MBrown42

Yes, unfortunately the replies appear to be bot generated and basically reproduce content in the email. I scoured the policies and do not believe I am violating anything with user data.

5. MBrown42

MBrown42

Thank you, good suggestion, there is an older alpha track, prior version number.

6. MBrown42

MBrown42

For anyone interested, the root cause of this problem appears to be that I did not update the android sdk to the latest and greatest level 29, which apparently has some of the new GDPR privacy laws built in. I updated, rebuilt the SDK, submitted, and it got rejected - but this time for a different and specified reason, which tells me the sdk was the issue with the false positive on the appodeal detection.
    Thanks again for the feedback.