Search Unity

App Policies: 10.4 Back Button - Games

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Angry-Water, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Angry-Water

Angry-Water

Hello, Experts,

I just got a rejection by the reason 10.4. Last time I had gotten some similar reason, the test pilot complained the Back Button can not exit my game, but this time they complained my game just closed.

But when I test it on my phone, it truly closed but had gone back to prior screen, too. So I can not really understand what should I do to comply with this policy?

When the users tap the back button, my app must keep pause and back to prior screen? Or can I make it Quit()?

Thanks a lot.

App Policies: 10.4 Back Button - Games

For games, when the Back button is pressed during gameplay, the game can choose to present a pause context menu or dialog, or it can navigate the user to the prior menu screen.

Expected Result

1. Launch your game. 2. Begin playing the game. 3. Tap the Back button. 4. Verify that the game pauses or navigate to prior screen.

Notification/Action Requested:

Pressing the device Back button during gameplay does not pause the game or navigate the user to the prior menu screen. Instead, the application closes.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Select ‘play’ icon.
    2. Tap Screen to start a new game.
    3. Press the device Back button.
    4. Notice the application closes.​

2. mbowen89

mbowen89

I got rejected for this as well, although I swear they said my back button needed to close the app if on the first screen. So that's all I did, if you are anywhere in the first scene, which is just menu stuff, and press back, it closes app.

3. Angry-Water

Angry-Water

I had exactly done what you did last time, and it successfully certificated. But this time they rejected my app.

My another friend told me, the back button must perform "pause" action when the games are playing, and it must perform "quit" when the games are on the first screen.

I am not sure it was correct or not, but re-submitted my app again with mixed "Pause" & "Quit" functions just now and waiting for the certification.