Search Unity

App crash on displaying ads-android.

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by FrASuing, Feb 12, 2019.

1. FrASuing

FrASuing

Hi
    The game crash when I try to show the ads.
    I did this
    -Unity ads are off in service window
    -deleted ads from package Manager
    -Download Monetization3.0.1
    -use this code
    [SerializeField] string gameId = "3034xxx";
    Awake
    Monetization.Initialize(gameId, true);

what does it means this line from log?
    Show invocation failed: Can't show a new ad unit when ad unit is already open

I attach the log

api.Sdk.logInfo() (line:69) :: Requesting ad plan from https://auction.unityads.unity3d.com/v4/games/3034756/requests?advertisingTrackingId=9b6bd2e5-dceb-431f-a145-1a6758993f6c&limitAdTracking=false&deviceModel=SM-G318ML&platform=android&sdkVersion=3001&stores=google&deviceMake=samsung&screenSize=98&screenDensity=240&apiLevel=19&test=true&screenWidth=800&screenHeight=480&connectionType=wifi&networkType=10
    I/UnityAds( 308): com.unity3d.services.core.api.Sdk.logInfo() (line:69) :: AdPlan received with 1 campaigns and refreshDelay 0
    I/UnityAds( 308): com.unity3d.services.ads.UnityAdsImplementation.show() (line:178) :: Unity Ads opening new ad unit for placement rewardedVideo
    E/UnityAds( 308): com.unity3d.services.core.api.Sdk.logError() (line:57) :: Show invocation failed: Can't show a new ad unit when ad unit is already open
    I

thank you

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      47.5 KB
      Views:
  2. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

Same issue!!!!!!!

3. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Let's investigate this. According to the logs it could be due to a couple of issues.

Can you provide me with your code responsible for showing Unity Ads?

Can you disable crash reporting service by editing UnityConnectSettings.asset -file and setting enabled from 1 to 0 on the crash reporting service part in this yaml configuration file? Let me know if this helps.

mancasal likes this.
  4. jotaleal

jotaleal

I have a crash on Android when executing Monetization.Initialize(). I think this happened when I enabled Analytics in the Services tab by clicking "play" in the editor (Analytics already had the checkbox enabled).

Disabling CrashReportingSettings as @mikaisomaa suggested stopped the crash on Android.

Should I leave these settings like this?

5. FrASuing

FrASuing

Well, in my case, the problem was not unity ads or the code, the problem was my old phone a:
    SM-G318ML
    Android Version 4.4.4
    with this device I had a lot of problems trying to display real ads during test mode.

I test my game on a:
    Galaxy J7Pro
    Android Version 8.1.0
    and everything is working(with the same code) and now the game is published and making bucks.

So I recommend, unity should have a range of Android devices and Android Versions in which a game could display or not real ads.