Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

App Crash on 32 bit devices IL2CPP, Unity 4.6.5p2 and p3

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by monda, May 26, 2015.

1. monda

monda

Hi guys, this is a really strange issue I have since the unity 4.6.5p2 and still present in p3.

I build any app, IL2CPP Universal, if I build directly on my devices it works fine but, if I export for Ad Hoc distribution it crashes on any of my 32 bits devices. I tested on an iPad3 and iPhone 5 and it crashes.

If I download the build on my iPhone 6+ and iPhone 6 it works. The weird thing is that if I build the app from Xcode it works on all the devices.

This problem is not happening with Unity 4.6.5p1.

No logs are possible as the very moment I connect the device to my mac on Xcode even using "Run without build", it works.

I have no idea what could be the issue. Looks like the 32 bit IL2CPP got something wrong but how is possible that this happens only if I distribute the app via Hockeyapp or other services?

Thanks!
    Ale.

2. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

Could you please try with the newest Unity version, and if the bug reproduces, submit a bug report with a simple reproduction project? Thanks!

3. monda

monda

Hi povil, I can confirm that this happens with the latest p4 patch. I've submitted a bug report,
    (Case 702408).
    Thanks!

unityunity