Search Unity

APOLLO (Light Based Shaders) Official Forum

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rispat-Momit, Dec 21, 2017.

1. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

I see there's been quite some silence and no updates in a while. Are you still working on the beta and the shaders down on the roadmap?
    I'm interested in purchasing :)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Hi there!

I am still working on APOLLO!

After the refraction shader I am now almost ready to publish my realtime Ambient shading :) It will soon be available but I wanted to makr some presentation videos first :)

NeatWolf and EvilFox like this.
  3. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Sounds cool! By realtime, do you mean a system that is not leveraging on Unity's probes system?

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  4. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Yep :) It is using a second APOLLO reflection drop system to generate the ambient lighting.

NeatWolf likes this.
  5. garyhaus

garyhaus

Just purchased! Looking forward to trying it out!

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  6. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Awesome! Let me know if you need anything.

7. garyhaus

garyhaus

Looking for a skin shader? Thank you.

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  8. 4sascha

4sascha

2018-03-22 09_57_03-DigitalExperience.jpg 2018-03-22 09_59_22-DigitalExperience.jpg
    Hello,

just purchased and digging into it.
    Really great stuff and managable.

The Comparision scene is very useful and a perfect idea for comparisson.

But why you choosed gamma space for all the examples scenes.
    Would it not be better to choose linear space and PostProcessing Profile?

However i switched to linear but which parameters from APOLLO Light Manager or the Direction or Spot Lights should be adjusted to get a clean look with Filmic Post Processing.

Would be great there would be a seond linear variant over every testscene.
    It would be much faster to understand your system.

I cannot wait for the Realtime Ambient integration and demos.
    Do you have an rough release date or an preview available.

However. I think your system can really help me to get more light in dark areas and better reflections for moving steering wheel. See shots with StandardShader.

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  9. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Thanks for the detailed reply! I keep everything in Unity's default settings because there are a lot of beginners who purchase APOLLO and they get confused. I also removed all image effects as some people where asking me to see the clear difference between the Unity standard shader. Your points are right. I will include a Light Manager for Linear in every scene! I haven't yet finalize the Real time ambient lightning but if you need to run some tests, contact me on ihumancreations@gmail.com.

Thanks again,

Rispat

10. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

The skin shader will be available later this year.

11. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

- Does this support consoles?
    - Want to use this shader for instancing as well, therfore is there any disadvange in this since it uses cubemaps.

12. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

I bought your asset anyway, I will see

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  13. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Let me know if you need anything :)

14. Milanis

Milanis

Dear Mr. Rispat-Momit,

we're working on a pitch for an upcoming role-play game experience and within we're interested
    to use the best possible solutions when it comes to it's shader systems. Apollo looks like a good
    partner for PBR and i may want to ask if its possible to use substance materials or textures that
    come from Substance Designer / Painter export functions. Especially characters should have a
    good working skin shader and we're interested if its possible to to use the current Apollo shader
    to achieve an similar look like seen on your Skin-Shader preset:

I've read you're working on this particular shader for an release later this year. It would be
    pretty cool to have some loose time-frame if its possible to get hands on it before August
    this year. (Gamescom)

Best, Tobias

15. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

Does this support consoles?

16. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

When using GPU Instancing, and if I want to modify particular value does that have to be done through code through blocks? Can you port this to Amplify Shader editor?

17. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Of course! :)

18. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

Does this shader support GPU Instancing? Like in order for me to change certain properties of the shader while using same material, maybe I need to use code blocks for this.

19. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Not yet. It is a good point though

20. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

But there is a GPU Instancing Checkbox below the shader? I thinki should combine items

21. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

PBR Mirror Shaders (APOLLO) are now available on Unity Asset Store

This is one of the many collections of shaders that will be released as individual packages. This is because I wish to keep all the main and most useful shaders at a low price while I can extend the collection :)

What collections are coming next?

APOLLO Car Paint Shaders:

APOLLO Toon Shaders:

22. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

When is car shader coming out?

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  23. garyhaus

garyhaus

I am confused... Can you give more info on the mirror shaders? How they work, etc?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  24. garyhaus

garyhaus

Also, will the Apollo shader suite work under HDRP in 2018.x? Thanks.

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  25. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

It will be ready in a few weeks. It will be live on Octomber or November

26. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Hi garyhaus,

The mirror shaders work as a material on an object. They are not an image effect.

27. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

I am not sure. Unity's HDRP works only with the new shader graph right? In that case I will try to write my shaders in it but I am afraid it is again very limited when it comes to innovating options. Just think that there is no way to control the reflection visibility independently from the roughness or the metallness or that there is no other shader option than unlit and standard :/

28. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

This was over 6 months ago. Now you are announcing other shaders that are purchased separately.

Since the images of the promised skin shader were a factor in my purchase, could you let us know the current status of the skin shader, and whether you plan to charge extra for it?

garyhaus and Rispat-Momit like this.
  29. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Hi wetcircuit!

I know that the Skin shader is taking me a bit longer to get released. It is actually almost ready but it is not the only thing I am working on. It may take some time but it won't get released as a deferent package. Neither the price of the collection will go up.

wetcircuit likes this.
  30. gciapponirealmore

gciapponirealmore

Hi Rispat-Momit,

I've been using your mobile/advanced/refractive shader, and it works flawlessly in editor and on Android, but I cannot seem to make it work on iOS. I tried adjusting about every setting that comes to mind both within the shader and on quality/graphics/build settings but nothing seems to work, the meshes are just fully transparent and thus do not show at all.

Any suggestion on how to proceed ? Again, in editor and on Android everything works just fine.

Thank you.

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  31. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Hi there!!!

Can you please send me some pictures?
    I can't think of any problem! I will test it on my ios too and let you know!!!

Best,

Rispat

32. gciapponirealmore

gciapponirealmore

Hi Rispat,

I sent you a comparative screenshot via private conversation.

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  33. lolclol

lolclol

kindly please provide a demo apk for mobile,i want to see how it perform.

Thanks

34. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi,
    just saw the update.
    Do you have some more infos or additional video (saw the old rooftop one) for the
    Real-Time Ambient shadering.

35. jjejj87

jjejj87

Hello, your asset made me curious but the information available wasn't enough. So I ask :D
    1. Can you release a standalone build that allows to switch between standard Unity and Apollo? I would not purchase a shader if there isn't a realtime demo to evaluate. This measures performance, visual difference and possibly rendering limitations/difference.
    2. Can you provide technical differences between your Shader and Unity's? I can see through the videos that the workflow is different but what exactly is different at shader level? Refraction shader video was nice as the video itself did this but the rest of the features are just presentations. Very hard to make an informed decision.
    3. Can I use both Unity shaders and Apollo in the same scene? Does it have strange lighting issues? Terrain? Vegetation? etc -> I ask because Apollo could be awesome, but in production scenes usually have trees and not just a boxed in area with cubemaps :D
    Thanks in advance,

36. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Hi there,

I have no additional information for the Real-Tie Ambient Lighting because it works like any other APOLLO shader except the fact that calculates reflections as Ambient Lighting.

37. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Hi there,

Here is a video where you can see the switch between APOLLO and Unity:

In addition to Unity's Standard shader, APOLLO shaders are lighter, they have better lighting calculations and more lighting options, while they are Mobile and VR compatible. You can, of course, use Unity's and APOLLO shaders in the same scene. APOLLO doesn't support terrain or foliage shading yet but it will in the future.

You can also check out this project which is made with APOLLO shaders:
    https://connect.unity.com/p/fantasy-scene

best,

Rispat

38. akuei2

akuei2

Interesting stuff, love'in it very much, In cart. Looking forward to SSS now, November or December?

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  39. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Thank you! I believe around December :)

40. akuei2

akuei2

Thank for info, buy buy buy.

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  41. akuei2

akuei2

So far, playing a refractive & mirror function, everything look well, but refractive not work at double side, hope improve in future. Overall, very satisfy this purchase.

I will playing the real-time ambient next :)

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  42. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Wonderful my friend!!! If you need the inside of your bottle to be visible just seperate it and have it as a different mesh! ;)

Best,

Rispat

43. JediNizar

JediNizar

Hi, I purchased your APOLLO (Light Based Shaders) a while ago.
    And I really love it.
    I have just a question about your Mirror shader, it's not included in the Beta Light Based Shaders pack? isn't it?

Second Question, is there a possibility or maybe future release/update to make your shaders compatible with the LightWeight Render Pipeline? As my main target is mobile, and the new LWRP has some advantages for performance which I would like to use. unfortunately when I turn to LWRP everything change to Pink, so I'm forced to change the shaders.

thanks a lot

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Rispat-Momit likes this.
  44. akuei2

akuei2

Your are right, single mesh with double side, refractive doing well. (see the left vise)

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  45. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Wonderful!!d :)

46. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

I will try, but I am afraid Unity just thought is better to lock down the freedom of the engine for some essential parts. That sure has other advantages bit it is always a matter of choice. I will see what I can do :)

47. JediNizar

JediNizar

thanks a lot and keep your great work :)

regarding the mirror shader before I purchase it. What I need to do is to create a mirror that reflect also lights. I don't know if you have tested it with volumic lights ( I use Volumetric Light Beam from the asset store) and I need the mirror to be able to reflect that as well, same for the spotlight.
    I have a flashlight with a spot light, and I need the mirror to reflect the lights especial if the light is faced toward the mirror (with a lens flare would be great)

can I achieve this with your mirror shader?

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  48. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

I believe you can reflect the volumetric lighting but I don't believe you can reflect the light flare! You can buy the packagr and you can refund it if it won't do what you want :)

49. akuei2

akuei2

Report Time:

Just purchase APOLLO MIRROR SHADER & study near 2 hour, here a result.

Advantage:
    If you are apollo shader's fans or who already buy main shaders, there are no reason to miss it out.
    result is prove.

Disadvantage:
    Only work on plane mesh. Hope update at future.

Bug( current know ):
    when you put more than 2 mirror shader & interactive to each other, strange flicking is happen between on interference area.This problem happen on resolution change or camera moving( out of camera view ).

Let me know, if I wrong.

Anyway, nice shader if drop a bit price are more perfect.

Rispat-Momit likes this.
  50. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

Thanks for the review! Yes The mirror works only on planes and cubes meshes. This is a limitation of real time Graphics frim all around the world. That's why there is the image effect called SSR to deal with this issue :) this shader though can give a nice mirror effect there where you need it. Like an actual mirror that ypu want to move around or a wet floor in mobile where SSR is not yet possible :) or it is way more expensive.

Two mirrors may caise some issues but only in the cases you mention. This is because they are made by projecting what the camera sees.

Please keep me updated for othe issues! I will be glad to fix and update if possible :)

I would also love to see your creations made with my shaders :)

Rispat