Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

APIUpdater causing issues while updating to Entities preview 0.1.0

Discussion in 'Data Oriented Technology Stack' started by RossCoatsink, Aug 15, 2019 at 4:32 PM.

1. RossCoatsink

RossCoatsink

After updating my Entities package to the newer previews and running the API Updater I get a few errors that seem to be valid uses. (Everything compiles fine in the editor)

Errors that we're seeing include:
    error CS0227: Unsafe code may only appear if compiling with /unsafe - We have "Allow 'unsafe' code" enabled in the player settings.

error CS1101: The parameter modifier 'ref' cannot be used with 'this' - An extension method for a dynamic buffer.

error CS1738: Named argument specifications must appear after all fixed arguments have been specified - Occurs while calling EditorGUILayout.ObjectField. This is because I set bool arguments by name to help keep track of them.

error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'JobChunkExtensions.Schedule<T>(T, EntityQuery, JobHandle)' and 'JobForEachExtensions.Schedule<T>(T, EntityQuery, JobHandle)' - While scheduling an IJobForEachWithEntity

error CS1620: Argument 1 must be passed with the 'ref' keyword - This is occuring when we're only using the entity in the ForEach lamda (e.g. Entities.WithAll<Player>().WithNone<Dead>().ForEach((Entity) =>..)

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

2. Kmsxkuse

Kmsxkuse

Have you tried clearing the package cache and a right click 'reimport all' then see if these errors still happen?

If they do, please post some code where these errors are happening. Simply using descriptions wont allow us to help you.

3. RossCoatsink

RossCoatsink

Clearing the package cache seemed to fix the issue, thank you!