Search Unity

API updates constantly fail. looks for folder that does not exists

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by etaymarkman, Aug 19, 2019.

1. etaymarkman

etaymarkman

Hi

every time i import new assets to my game, or reimport failed assets. the API update that goes along with it fails with an error message that looks something like this:

API updating failed: can't find file C:\Users\Markman\Dropbox (Personal)\train simulator, current work versiob\TrainSimProto\current work versiob\TrainSimProto\library\packagecache\com.unity.ads@2.0.8\UnityEngine.Advertisements.dll

that file does not exist in project and never existed. however. the file C:\Users\Markman\Dropbox (Personal)\train simulator, current work versiob\TrainSimProto\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ads@2.0.8\UnityEngine.Advertisements.dll does exist

now how do i fix that and tell the API updater where the actual file is?

2. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

Hello!

Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project for this issue and reply in here with the issue ID?

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Are you using Unity Advertising? How did you install it, if so? From the Asset Store or the Services window?

4. etaymarkman

etaymarkman

i think this is what you guys want to see, don't know how to submit a bug report from a console error:

the main part

APIUpdater encountered some issues and was not able to finish.

Unhandled Exception:
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Users\Markman\Dropbox\train simulator, current work versiob\TrainSimProto\current work versiob\TrainSimProto\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ads@2.0.8\Editor\UnityEditor.Advertisements.dll".

the rest is the useless location of it in unity's internal code

actually i do not remember installing unity advertising

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You'll want to check if Advertising is installed since that is the error that you are receiving. If you are not planning to use it, then you can uninstall it (if installed). Check to see if you've installed the Unity Monetization asset, and check to see if Advertising is enabled on the Services tab (menu Window/General/Services or Window/Services)

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You'll want to check if Advertising is installed since that is the error that you are receiving. If you are not planning to use it, then you can uninstall it (if installed). Check to see if you've installed the Unity Monetization asset, and check to see if Advertising is enabled on the Services tab (menu Window/General/Services or Window/Services). Also, compare to a new/empty project and try to build.

7. etaymarkman

etaymarkman

in actual reality, i don't have a unity project ID and i have not installed unity monetization

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Compare to a new/empty project. Also, check in Package Manager for any packages in use

9. etaymarkman

etaymarkman

ok thanks

10. etaymarkman

etaymarkman

turn out i did have a few packages i didn't need installed to unity, so i removed them until he said "access is denied", probably due to dropbox working in the background