Search Unity

Question API needed to make custom renderer that invokes Stereo Quad Buffer (for 3d projectors/TVs/CAVEs)

Discussion in 'VR' started by steveaudia, Apr 6, 2023.

1. steveaudia

steveaudia

I have search all the forums to be best of my ability prior to posting this, I promise.

I'm looking to create my own support for Frame Sequential stereoscopic rendering, like what one would use with a 3d projector, 3d tv, and CAVEs, utilizing synchronized LC shutter glasses and a Quadro. This is fairly different than stereo 3d for VR (which is effectively two separate displays, so call it Dual Mono).

The module that allows for this (Stereo Display (non head-mounted) under XR Settings) was deprecated starting in Unity 2020. It is what it is.

There are commercial solutions that work in the latest Unity, such as MiddleVR. Open source solutions such as UniCAVE seem to not support this in 2020 and higher.

My question is: I were to write my own custom render pipeline/module/plug-in/system that enables OpenGL Stereo Quad Buffer mode (and/or is equivalent in DirectX or Vulcan) what API do I need?

Is that API available? Is it free or does it require a licensing agreement with Unity?

Thanks in advance.

2. occamjv

occamjv

Hi Steve ! Same here, and I need this badly. Found any solutions ?

3. lefevren

lefevren

Same here, no solutions found on my side !

Does anyone have some news about it?