Search Unity

API compatibility level greyed out

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by blevok, Apr 7, 2017.

1. blevok

blevok

Hello, i have an app for windows phone 8.1 that is almost ready for release, but i decided to add another feature at the last minute.

So i bought an asset that makes it easy, but i'm getting some type errors when trying to build. The assets documentation says to change the api to .NET 2.0. But when i go into the windows store tab of the player settings, the api compatibility level option says "WSA Subset" and is greyed out.

My searches so far revealed only stories of people successfully changing the setting, and no mention of it ever being greyed out.

Any idea how to fix or work around this issue? I tried wrapping the relevant code in #if NETFX_CORE but that had no effect and still prevented the build.
    I have Unity personal 5.5.1f1 on windows 10 pro, and visual studio community 2015.

Thanks

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

On the Windows Store Apps platform you can use only a specific subset of the .net / mono framework.
    If your asset need the full .NET 2.0 framework to function it will not work / compile on the Windows Store Apps platform.

3. blevok

blevok

Interesting. The developer of the asset responded to some of his reviews where people were complaining about this by saying to change the api level, so i assumed it should be possible. He also said the asset works on all mobile platforms. I've emailed him about it, so i'll just have to wait and see what he says about using if for windows mobile.
    Thanks for the response.