Search Unity

AOV Image Sequence for Depth Maps not working properly on HDRP

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by dusansvilarkovic, Jun 9, 2021.

1. dusansvilarkovic

dusansvilarkovic

Hello,
    I came to a really specific problem recently which I have no idea how to approach anymore.
    I have a codebase which should be generating samples as in here (4 quartals, 1st one is RGB renders, 2nd one is instance segmentation, 3rd is depth maps, and 4th is semantic segmentation) by using the Unity Perception SDK :
    upload_2021-6-9_20-40-0.png

Unfortunately, whenever I try to generate depth maps using the AOV Image Sequence, I am getting empty depth maps and do not know why.
    My setup is like this:

upload_2021-6-9_20-42-40.png

and my result is the aov_image_0000.png image in the thumbnail.

I am using Directional light in my setup, a camera with a Perception Camera property (from Perception SDK), and using the Unity version 2020.3.8f1.

On the other hand, I have a friend who managed to render his depth maps by using the Unity version 2020.3.7f1.
    I, on the other hand, reinstalled Unity and still didn't have any success and even ran it on new machine and still it didn't work.

What would be your debugging steps to solve this issue? What could be the possible problem.

Attached Files:

2. fct509

fct509

Does it work when you disable the the stuff from the perception package?

3. PavlosM

PavlosM

Unity Technologies

One of the first debugging steps is to check the Unity Console for any error messages after you hit the start recording button.

If you see an error message that reads like:
    Render Graph Execution error at pass Color Gaussian MIP Chain (38)

then you are hitting a bug that was introduced recently in HDRP 10.5. We have fixed it already, but the next 10.x release is not out yet.

If this is the case and you cannot wait for the next 10.x release, then you have the option to use HDRP 10.4 (edit the version in the Packages/manifest.json file) it should look like this:
     "com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition": "10.4.0",

or checkout directly the code of the next HDRP release from GIT:
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Graphics/tree/10.x.x/release
    and use it as a local package.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    fct509 and dusansvilarkovic like this.
  4. dusansvilarkovic

dusansvilarkovic

Thanks, I figured it out, here is my opened issue on this on Github: Depth map recording using AOV Image Sequence only working on 2020.3.7f1 · Issue #332 · Unity-Technologies/com.unity.perception (github.com)

I will close it now