Search Unity

AoT Memory Problem when Building for iOS

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Ecliptec_Mobile, May 12, 2022.

1. Ecliptec_Mobile

Ecliptec_Mobile

I recently upgraded our Unity project to v2021.3.2f to make use of the IL2CPP AotT code generation feature. In addition, I upgraded Bolt to Unity.VisualScripting due to an AoT generation problem.

I attempted to perform a local iOS build, prior to a Jenkins build in our CI CD pipleline.

When I build, the Unity builder attempts to prebuild AoT by traversing the project to find plugins (according to the output messages). However, during this procedure, I note that the AoT process causes system memory to continually increase to the point where the system memory runs out and crashes. I tried to reboot, but the problem still occurs. I recorded a video to demonstrate the problem.

Is this a Unity bug or a potential problem with our project set-up?

2. Rob-Fireproof

Rob-Fireproof

3. Ecliptec_Mobile

Ecliptec_Mobile

Hi Rob, sorry for the late response, but I will give this a whirl. I see a lot of folks have had positive results, so I expect it will work. Will post shortly my findings. Thank you for investigating this and posting a solution!