Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Anyway to reduce Editor Capture slows down gradually on Memory Profiler?

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by piti55, Apr 13, 2023.

1. piti55

piti55

Hi, I am using 0.7 and 1.0 version of Memory Profiler.

It seems that capturing on Editor (I understand about inaccuracy of editor capturing) repeatedly
    Makes more bytes array memory on capture, which is OK, but that makes more and more slows down capturing since there is more memory on it.

Restarting Unity Editor will speed up capturing Editor though.

Anyway to cleanup that memory? thanks :)

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    We've recently released version 1.1.0-exp.1 which among other improvements and fixes addresses this issue to a hopefully good enough degree.

3. piti55

piti55

Thanks, I will try it.
    Btw, I am using Unity 2021, any plan to backport these changes after 0.7 into Unity 2021?

4. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

No plans to backport this. 0.7 and support for versions before 2022.2 was experimental and those versions will not receive any further updates of the package (mainly because the UI code in the paclage relies on newer UI TK components that are not available in earlier Unity Versions, but also because the data captured from older versions doesn't provide all the details needed for the ideal memory profiling workflow)

You can use an empty 2022.2 project with the 1.x version of the package though to take or import capturescaptures though.

5. piti55

piti55

OK. Thanks!