Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone using Behaviour Machine that can help with it?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Thaumus, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Thaumus

Thaumus

Hi!

So I'm a video game designer, and I've recently come across Behaviour Machine. It is a phenomenal program that I would recommend to anyone interested in video game coding, but is put off by the massive amounts of syntax and function calling memorization to be half-proficient and just want to learn as you go by just narrowing down what you need and filling in the blanks.

The only issue is that there is virtually no help-- unlike the unity answers. The BehaviourMachine forum is all but completely dead (I couldn't even find the "create account" button), the maker hasn't responded yet to me asking for help (It's only been a couple days, but the timeframe is kind of what I am here for, bear with me), and teaching my current coder friend how to use it would negate the time-saving it is doing for our prototypes (we are experimenting with unity and trying to make our first game). So that's why I'm here...

Does anyone know how to use BehaviourMachine? I need help figuring out some ways to make stuff work, and I have nowhere else to turn except here since all the obvious places are defunct or dead. Thank you in advance :)

2. MitchStan

MitchStan

Perhaps Behavior Machine is abandoned by the developer? If so, check out Behavior Designer. It's a fantastic Behavior tree framework and fully supported.

3. Thaumus

Thaumus

I would absolutely love to try it, but sadly it is not free.

4. Scion01

Scion01

After trying to create non linear logic using state machines, i begun to appreciate the functionality of using behaviors instead.
    You just have to work your way up, starting with a few features at a time.
    Instead of visualizing an end product to achieve, instead play with each logic command separately, adding actions and things until you get comfortable.

There is documentation that states what every command does. Might want to print it out, or keep a cheat sheet handy.
    Also lots of youtube tutorials where they give examples.