Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use VolumeGrass asset?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by HarpSeal1, Feb 23, 2015.

1. HarpSeal1

HarpSeal1

Hi Everyone,
    I was curious if anyone has tested the VolumeGrass asset in Unity 5. The developer said it may not shade properly in deffered rendering but he hasn't tested it yet. Thanks!
    Heres the link on the asset store
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/436

2. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Nope, but I can tell you that the developer is excellent and has high quality assets. I own RTP myself and it's great. Judging by user comments, the configurability of VolumeGrass is a bit clunky, but it is in RTP as well and that's just because of the sheer number of options and amount of flexibility. I did see one commenter that said it doesn't work in Unity 5. If I were you I would reach out to Tomasz and just ask. Just check out his release thread:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/volume-grass-unlimited-density.256497/

3. HarpSeal1

HarpSeal1

Thanks for replying Dustin! Yeah I wish I was half as smart as that guy! I did ask Tomasz but he said it may/may not work. Based on that thread it looks like VG is breaking depending on what unity changes. I'll just wait a month or two, its a sweet asset!

Dustin-Horne likes this.
  4. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Yeah I wouldn't hinge on Unity 5 support just yet. Tomasz has the #1 asset in the store (RTP) so I'm sure he gets blasted with requests and questions and support issues and is concentrating on current iteration rather than U5. I myself have been struggling with U5 support. Luckily I'm not dealing with graphics APIs so my issues have all revolved around IL2CPP which is constantly evolving and being updated. The best we can do as publishers is to just keep riding the wave until closer to release time. :)

HarpSeal1 likes this.