Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone successfully use DotNetty in this build?

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by Seto, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Seto

Seto

Anyone successfully use DotNetty in this build?
    I'm familiar with the Netty framework in Java.
    And I would like to use it in this build.

2. Seto

Seto

Finally make it working.

3. cnbryan2017

cnbryan2017

how to do?
    i want use this...

4. fabianzz

fabianzz

Using Netty in C# is really redundant given how easy it makes Asynchronous IO. Codec layers are replaced with stream stacks, for example an SslStream can wrap around a given network stream from a TcpClient. This, combined with either the old asynchronous methods (BeginRead) or the new async/await model methods (ReadAsync), you can achieve asynchronous IO with very few lines of code. Netty was only necessary in Java because the asynchronous IO model was so complicated barely anybody could understand it.

Also if you use the async/await model, you'll be able to work within the confines of Unity's single threaded model.

lluo likes this.
  5. snacktime

snacktime

DotNetty does a lot of buffer level optimizations, which make a significant impact on the server side with lots of clients. So I use it serverside, but client side ya it's just too simple to use what .NET has built in. I have UDP and TCP clients both of which are single class implementations. Not much code and they just work.

The short answer is no it won't work, because it depends on .NET Standard.

6. i_am_kisly

i_am_kisly

2018 and 2019 can use NetStandart