Search Unity

Anyone noticed this light issue before?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Rukey4, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Rukey4

Rukey4

Hello,

Just curios if anyone has noticed this before. Check out my video here:

I have many lights in the scene, but this one only appears at a certain height (When I jump with an FPSController) - It's a pointlight.

I've tried making the render mode "Important", increase "pixel light count". I've tried new lights. Lights work in other areas, just not there. It's really weird.

CyVirus likes this.
  2. CyVirus

CyVirus

I've had something kind of similar to that. I was also using a FPScontroller. In my scene I had some lights (some Spotlights some Pointlights). I gave a Spotlight to my Player as a flashlight and whenever my FPScontroller would go to close to another light source the Player would act like a pointlight and glow around the Player. I fixed it, but I can't remember how exactly. Sorry. I wish you luck though

3. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Which height, which unity version etc.?

4. Merman

Merman

I noticed something similar to this a few days ago while experimenting with spotlights and cookies. In my case it was (apparently) due to setting the spot angle up too high. I've never experienced it with point lights, though.

5. Rukey4

Rukey4

It's Unity 4.3 off the top of my head, and it's just slightly above the height of my FPSController. Baring in mind other lights do work, no matter how high up... It is strange.

6. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I suspect that it's to do with the maximum number of lights that can effect a mesh at once, or the "Pixel Light Count" quality setting. Lights are prioritized based on a few criteria, including distance from the camera, and I think distance/angle from a given mesh for the per-mesh stuff. My guess is that by jumping you're switching the priority between that light and another (more subtle) light.