Search Unity

Anyone Managed to Overcome the Problem They Cannot Buy Assets at All?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tughanalpaslan, Dec 28, 2022.

1. tughanalpaslan

tughanalpaslan

Greetings,

5 days ago, I tried to purchase an asset. The asset purchase failed but the money was charged. Later, I contacted the support, which the alerts recommended me to do so.

While waiting for reply, a day after the purchase, the money refunded to my account. After contacting Unity support, I learned that my purchases were denied because of "Risk_Reject".

I'm will start my own startup in the following years and register it to the Companies House in the UK. This is why I changed my company billing to UK a couple of days before the purchase. Since my card and IP are Turkish card and Turkish IP but my billing address is a UK address, now my account is considered a risky account. Although I have updated the address to Turkey, the problem still continues.

They recommended me to turn off any VPN or Proxy, which I don't use. I deleted the cache, tried from cellular connection, from another network, different browsers, or any single idea they recommended me to do so. However, I still cannot purchase an asset.

The worst part is I'm planning to go on a trip in the following year and visit multiple countries. This means that I will use A country's IP with B country's bank for C country's company. I believe their system will completely breakdown. I cannot change my address all the time, get national cards and move my company from one to another country just for 30-60 day stays.

I want to keep all my assets in one place, that is why I didn't prefer third-party asset providers even sometimes they offered better designs I was looking for. I stick to Unity so that everything would be in one place but now I cannot use their services. Even I may use it somehow in the following days, I will have more problems when I start traveling.

Unity Support is always busy, this is the 5th day and we ran out of solution-attempts. Did anyone experienced such a problem before and if so, how did you overcome this problem?

Here is the cute little screenshot of the annoying error. The RequestId changes with each attempt.
    Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 09.43.29.png

2. tughanalpaslan

tughanalpaslan

The solution that worked for me is:
    I have contacted my service provider and requested them to change my IP blocks. I'm not sure if they did something else more but it worked for me.