Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone interested in accessing the entire iOS SDK API from Unity?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by u3dxt, Jul 6, 2013.

1. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello guys,

I got my game rejected because I didn't have a button to restore non consumable purchases in iOS.

How can I use the OnRestorationCompleted (object sender, EventArgs e) for this task? what info do I get through "sender" and "e" in this case?

Could someone help me to understand how do I go about restoring non consumable products when the user gets a new iOS device. I have everything else done but I can't figure out how to do this part of the programming with this plugin. I would appreciate any help.

Regards,
    Carlos

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  2. brytag

brytag

It is great that you are willing to release your work for free, however, without support for future versions/issues this is just becoming a source of frustration for people like me.

I would recommend that you open source the project and upload the source to github or (better yet) approach unity to see if they are interested in owning it. In my opinion this sort of the should ship as part of unity.

WolfBeardedLion likes this.
  3. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

Thanks to developer company for such a nice plugin.
    Here I want to mention three points for this plugin.

One bug that I notice in this plugin. By following way my app got closed forcefully.

In plugin Go to Image Filter -> Photo Library -> Press Cancel.
    Then your game closed forcefully by some error.
    Please give me some reply about this. Does any one facing same problem?

Second point, I want to play streamed audio for my game.
    Third point, I want to just display image.

Whether using this plugin these two things are possible?

4. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

Please give me some suggestion for my above question.

5. fred_gds

fred_gds

will this work on iOS 9?

I had to remove it a while ago from a project as it did not run on iOS 8 so I was wondering whether you were able to fix the issues?

6. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

I don't know about iOS 9 but it is working perfectly on iOS 8.3 version.
    Will you think it don't work in iOS 9?

7. fred_gds

fred_gds

As I sad before I had to remove it form a project because it would break it. I did not check back since then and currently do not have the time to check it out.

8. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

In this plugin, I am just using Media Play feature. So as per your knowledge iOS 9 will create problem for me?
    Please give me some suggestion on this.

9. JeffersonTD

JeffersonTD

Could someone help me with this problem:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/how-to-copy-the-everyplay-thumbnail.358970/

In short: I am able to use readPixels for defining a screenshot for a Twitter of Facebook share, but using readPixels causes a lag, so I'd rather use a screenshot taken with the EveryPlay plugin and assigned to a texture. I just simply cannot get my head around as to why it just simply always fails, no matter how I try to copy or assign this one texture to the SocialXT.Post() method. With some methods I just end up with a gray "screenshot" and with some methods it's just plain black. Any ideas why?

10. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

Media player is absolutely working fine with iOS 9. But http request not working with iOS 9.
    But in other post of forum solution of this also exist.

11. fred_gds

fred_gds

So I just tried out the newest version of U3dxt on the current release of Unity and iOS 9. The feature I wanted to use was inApp purchase. But the application crashes on startup and xCode throws errors on everything concerning IAPXT.

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for U3DXT.iOS.Native.StoreKit.SKPaymentQueue ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for U3DXT.iOS.Native.Internals._IAPInit ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for U3DXT.Core.CoreXT ---> System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.

at U3DXT.Core.CoreXT._Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at U3DXT.Core.CoreXT..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at U3DXT.iOS.Native.Internals._IAPInit..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at U3DXT.iOS.Native.StoreKit.SKPaymentQueue..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

12. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

I am just using Media Player feature of this plugin and it does not contain any problem for it. I didn't tested it for any other purpose that you are mentioning.
    For in app purchase you can try some other plugin that contains support for iOS 9. Because developer support for this plugin is really poor. I mailed help but now it is around a week, I don't get any reply from them.

13. JeffersonTD

JeffersonTD

Does anyone have an idea as to why Twitter sharing with
    SocialXT.Post (SLRequest.SLServiceTypeTwitter, "Yo, this is a message", someTexture, someUrl);​
    works nicely, but sharing to Facebook with
    SocialXT.Post(SLRequest.SLServiceTypeFacebook, "Yo, this is a message", someTexture, someUrl);​
    Only posts this message without the image in "someTexture" and even without the "Yo, this is a message"? What would be the simplest way to make the sharing to Facebook work similarly?

14. almahdie

almahdie

Hello,
    I'm kinda new to using this plugin, and I was wondering if I have to use "
    NSURLIsExcludedFromBackupKey" if I downloaded an image into the photo album using WriteImageToSavedPhotosAlbum Method in this plugin ? and if yes , how shall I go about that ? from what I've seen, there's no NSURLIsExcludedFromBackupKey equivelent in this plugin !

Thanks.