Search Unity

Anyone interested in accessing the entire iOS SDK API from Unity?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by u3dxt, Jul 6, 2013.

1. sz-Bit-Barons

sz-Bit-Barons

Attached Files:

2. adslitw

adslitw

@u3dxt Hi - just bought your asset to check whether the user has permission to access photos (U3DXT.iOS.Native.AssetsLibrary.ALAssetsLibrary.AuthorizationStatus()), which works great!

What I'd really like to do now is trigger the request for access (i.e. the system dialog) a bit before I actually need access - what's the best way to go about doing that? I've seen getting the number of photos as a suggested solution (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13572220/ask-permission-to-access-camera-roll) but I'm not quite sure how to do that using your API? Any help would be awesome!

3. Julien G

Julien G

Hi there,
    I try to display sharing view on clic of alertView button but i get error.

I've a alertView ask to share score and when i tap the sharing button, i get error.

Code (CSharp):
    1. alertViewDelegate viewDelegate = new alertViewDelegate();
    4.     UIAlertView av = new UIAlertView ("New best score !", "Share this performance.", viewDelegate, "cancel", "Share");
    5.     av.Show ();
    7.     public class alertViewDelegate : UIAlertViewDelegate {
    8.         public override void ClickedButtonAtIndex (UIAlertView alertView, int buttonIndex) {
    9.         if (buttonIndex == 0)
    10.            return;
    12.         SocialXT.ShareCompleted += delegate(object sender, ShareCompletedEventArgs e) {
    13.             System.Console.WriteLine("Share to " + e.activityType + " completed: " + e.completed);
    14.         };
    16.         SocialXT.Share(new object[] {
    17.             "message",
    18.             "MY LINK",
    19.             EndButton.ScreenShot
    20.         });
    21.     }
    exact error is following :

Thanks for your help.
    J.

--- EDIT ---

ok I just resolve this issue by my self. Before make call to SocialXT.Share, I've to Dimiss the alert view like that :

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  4. Schneider21

Schneider21

Having a tough time getting a response from Vitapoly lately. Posted a question to their Twitter feed and didn't get a response there, so thought I'd post it here to see if that drew some attention:

Trying to access player id from the players array in a match object gives me 'Cached object is invalid' error. Any tips on what this means or how to trace its origin / resolve it?

5. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

With iCloud there are two ways to store back up data. Through keys, or by backing up an entire file separately. Currently, your plugin only has the one way of using iCloud which is backing up data key by key. Could you implement the file backup part of iCloud, otherwise I feel the iCloud aspect of your plugin won't suit my needs, which is part of the reason I purchased the plugin in the first place.

6. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

Also, for the InApp Purchase part of the plugin it would be nice if we could access the currency code such as AUD, USD, EUR, etc. Currently, the only way I see of doing that is accessing: product.priceLocale.LocaleIdentifier() then searching the string for that currency code.

7. Checco-Esimple

Checco-Esimple

www.u3dxt.com website is unaccessible, so the documentation is unreachable. Could you please check?

8. hiten

hiten

Hello u3dxt

is there is any options for Push notification ?

9. Mark-Sweeney

Mark-Sweeney

How do I get these errors in Monodevelop fixed? They show up after I import the U3DXT package. In Unity 4.5 I get two of the errors, in 4.6 I get three of them.

This screws up autocomplete in Monodevelop, and I have to double-click scripts in Unity to open them as Monodevelop doesn't list the files after importing U3DXT
    Do I need to wait for an update to U3DXT or can you tell me how to fix these?

Unity4.5 errors:

Unity4.6 errors:

10. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

I just bought a plugin and it's crashing everywhere... Unfortunately it seems these guys are nowhere to be found!!

11. Mark-Sweeney

Mark-Sweeney

OK - I found a solution. For some reason, having a space before a folder name, and having an "&" in a folder name caused Monodevelop to have problems loading, even though those folders have been set up that way for years.

I quit Unity3D and Monodevelop, found the folders with spaces in front of their names and removed the space, and removed the "&" in another folder name.

In the project folder, I also delete the 6 "Assembly-[various names]" files, and the three files ending in "-csharp.sln", ".sln", and ".userprefs"

I Restarted Unity3D, opened the project. I selected the scripts folder, and the U3DXT folder, Selected "Reimport."

I quit Unity3D again, restarted it. Doubled clicked a script and Monodevelop opened without a problem.

I don't know why this started now, since I've had those folders that way for ages, but Monodevelop is working properly and loading all the files the way it should now.

There's still something in the U3DXT plugin that cause the problem, but at least I have Monodevelop working now.

12. maurogarcia

maurogarcia

Hi, great Asset, I purchased it months ago.
    What about iOS 8 ?? I want to know if it works well on iOS 8 before update my iOS.
    Thanks!

13. Mitralone

Mitralone

Hello,

It seems I am experiencing problem with game center. I updated my phone to ios 8 and now the game can not connect and retrieve scores from gamecenter. It used to work flawless in ios 7. Any reported issues on this?

14. Ale Moreno

Ale Moreno

15. eyalfx

eyalfx

Is it possible to load a texture from photo library that is a .png with alpha channel?
    Thanks,

16. OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Hi, had the same issue above. In SociatTest I changed to "U3DXT.iOS.Social.Facebook_facebook;", however, still get an error here: (line 74)
    Code (csharp):
    2.        //initfacebookwithyourappIDandanarrayofpermissions
    3. _facebook = newFacebook();
    Thanks for help.

17. dasu

dasu

does it support for ios 8?
    m_InaApp_OnTransactionFailed_object_U3DXT_iOS_IAP_TransactionEventArgs +
    m_InaApp_OnTransactionFailed_object_U3DXT_iOS_IAP_TransactionEventArgs +

bcoz i m getting this error when build for ios 8.

18. Schneider21

Schneider21

I just had this problem and resolved it on my device by going to Settings -> GameCenter and ensuring Sandbox was turned on (it was before, but was turned off after upgrading to 8.0), signed out of GameCenter, and signed back in.

Still experiencing my same issue I posted about earlier, and have heard nothing from Vitapoly support.

19. CaptainJack

CaptainJack

Hi guys, i have a problem. I use U3DXT for cross-promotion of different games. When we launch on IOS8 our app, it shows YOUR add of app, and after few taps — freezes and does not respond.

Here it is code:

on Awake event
    storeProductViewController.LoadProduct (633443676);

On button tap event
    storeProductViewController.Show ();

Close AppStore Popup, tap the button -> app crashed ( no crash, exactly, because there is a sound, but screen is black)

in console we see:
    <SKRemoteProductViewController: 0x18233800> timed out waiting for fence barrier from com.apple.ios.StoreKitUIService

Can You help us with this problem?
    We can present any additional information, if it needs.

20. OceanBlue

OceanBlue

21. juggernate

juggernate

I've used that, email and twitter to try and get support for weeks. The only thing I heard back when I asked if they were still supporting U3DXT on twitter was this from almost a month ago (Sep 9),

22. OceanBlue

OceanBlue

They have tweeted again on 28 Sept about Unity 5. So they're still operating. Odd, because support in the past has always been excellent.

23. Mitralone

Mitralone

Hi there,

Did this solve for development and live version or only development version because my live game on app store is not receiving anything back from gamecenter

Thanks.

24. Schneider21

Schneider21

I don't have a live version yet, so I can't speak to anything other than my development version. Sorry.

25. tolosaoldfan

tolosaoldfan

Hello,

I just installed your plugin today from the UStore on U3D v4.5.4p1. After downloading and installing the U3DXT plugin, I restarted Unity to get your plugin menu. The BIG problem is : I lost all the menus from all the plugins I installed before, with all their settings !

I tried to restore several things with my backup :

• the Application/Unity dir.
    • /Users/MyUser/Library/Preferences/Unity directory
    • /Users/MyUser/Library/Preferences/com.unity3d.UnityEditor4.x.plist
    • /Users/MyUser/Library/Preferences/com.unity3d.UnityEditor.plist
    It was impossible to retrieve the previous Unity environment ! Please help me, it's urgent ! Otherwise, I will loose a lot of my time to retrieve all the settings of my plugins...

Update:
    I backup only the project (not the unity preferences) and retrieved all the plugins. I reinstalled the U3DXT plugin, and got the same issue. So this plugin cannot be used at all. Too bad.

Many thanks,

Laurent

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  26. eyalfx

eyalfx

I'm trying to pick a video file from the photo library using ShowImagePicker() , but videos are filtered out.
    I only need to get the path(url) of the video.
    Is there any way of doing it?
    Thanks

27. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

This still a viable product for IOS development? Or should I look elsewhere?

28. Wolfos

Wolfos

Doesn't work if you build on Windows. Waste of money and time.

29. StefanoCecere

StefanoCecere

NOTE: the U3DXT plugins seems entered AbandonWare..
    at this point i'd suggest any actual user of U3DXT to migrate to Prime31 or iOS Native (Stan's) or , which are both actively developed...

30. Martin_Gonzalez

Martin_Gonzalez

Why when i open once the Share works well but when i open it again it throws. How can i fix it?

U3DXTException: -[UIPopoverController setContentViewController:animated:] can only be called after the popover has been presented.

at U3DXT.iOS.Native.Internals._CallbackCache._ThrowException (System.String str)

31. u3dxt

u3dxt

Hi, we just updated U3DXT to support 64 bit universal binaries for iOS. It should be in the asset store in a few days.

I know some of you are mad about the lack of support and I am terribly sorry about that. The truth is we are unable to provide support to the volume of requests that we are getting -- the API is simply too large (over 5000 functions). We tired our best for the first year but we ended up getting contract work to support ourselves.

We still think that what we built is a valuable resource to Unity3D developers and would love nothing more than to continue to expand on it. We have the architecture in place to support Android and a unified higher level API for cross-platform development.

I guess, at this point, we are deciding what to do with this package. It will take about 2 months of work to open the iOS 8.0 APIs. It may take 6 months to fully support Android and create the unified higher level API. None of us can afford to do this full time at this point in time.

We are considering open sourcing the entire thing but I am not sure if the project will survive without a full time active developer managing the project. We have opened sourced the higher level API on github and a couple of people did contribute a few lines though.

Anyway, we are just a bunch of developers with no business background, if you have a suggestion on how we can keep this project going, we'd love to try it.

Thanks for reading.

renattou and Kellyrayj like this.
  32. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

It lives! Providing support is a difficult thing for sure. Quite honestly, all I think some people needed were a few more hits from you to know that you are still working on it and it wasn't abandoned.

Hit up this forum post every once in awhile with a "hey, we aren't gone. Just working on it!" and I think you will be fine.

33. u3dxt

u3dxt

I have an idea but I would like everyone's input.

Many of the support requests we get is related to how to use the APIs. For example, how to verify transaction receipts for IAP or apply filters for media playback or sharing. Those are pretty well documented by Apple but it may be somewhat complex if you are not familiar with how Apple does things. If the community is willing to help each other out in Answers or this forum for those types of requests, we may be able to focus on bugs or features. We will also be willing to just release the entire thing for free so that there is a bigger community helping each other out.

What do you think?

34. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

I'd say that's a much better option than a complete abandon. And I'm sure there are many who would be grateful.

35. dleight

dleight

@adslitw I'm trying to do the same thing. Did you ever figure it out?

36. Martin_Gonzalez

Martin_Gonzalez

Are you going to do support for iOS 64 bits? Cause with Unity 4.6.3 is giving me Match-O Linker errors

Thanks

37. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

I'll have to agree with you here @u3dxt, most of the questions I have are usually related to use of APIs themselves when I'm unfamiliar with them, - and not about U3DXT details specifically. So those kinds of questions can probably be answered by the community instead of taking your time.

On that note, haha. Is the iBeaconTest scene included in the package supposed to work out of the box? I have a 4th generation iPad and an iPhone 5S at my disposal and I'm trying it out on iOS 8.1.3, and while the app builds and runs properly, displaying the test UI with start/stop advertising/monitoring buttons, I'm unable to get any detection working. I have tried starting monitoring on one device before starting advertising on the other, reverse of that, application restarts, etc, but at this point I'm not sure if I haven't overlooked something I should have additionally set up in my project. Like, for example, should I replace the UUID hardcoded into that example with something else?

Ofc I checked all the immediately obvious stuff like Bluetooth being enabled on both devices.

38. MigrantP

MigrantP

Is anyone using U3DXT with Unity 5? We use it for IAP and are running into exceptions with the most basic things, e.g. CoreXT.IsDevice. Here are the exception details:

Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.

at U3DXT.Core.CoreXT._Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at U3DXT.Core.CoreXT..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for U3DXT.Core.CoreXT

39. jimmyo

jimmyo

Just upgraded to Unity5 and can't compile in XCode 6.2:

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_GKTurnBasedMatch", referenced from:
    objc-class-ref in libU3DXTGameKit7.a(UP_GKTurnBasedMatch.o)

Anybody have this working with Unity5?

40. khalilzarak

khalilzarak

u3dxt: i have just upgrade to unity 5.. i got error when install ios sdk pro.the error is in Socialtest.cs where in log show this:
    Assets/U3DXT/Examples/social/SocialTest/SocialTest.cs(15,9): error CS0118: `Twitter' is a `namespace' but a `type' was expected

41. bakno

bakno

Hi

We purchased your iOS SDK Pro when it was not free. It is a cleaner alternative than Prime31, and easier to use.

Now that the source code is available we would like to create the smallest footprint necessary. Our project only uses the SMS composer capability (SocialXT.SMS).

Can you please tell us how to trim the source code in order to only have this functionality?

Thank you

42. Mitralone

Mitralone

Just to say that I am completely removing U3DXT from my project. After so much effort I put into integrating this into my project and released the game, it is soooo nice to see these guys just make the product free (what happened to quick buy the price is getting higher) and then just disappear. I guess it is my mistake to trust them in the first place. I wish Unity would remove them from the store for good.

43. L4nC3l0T

L4nC3l0T

Hello u3dxt,

Currently I'm working on a indie game project. I'm currently using your MapKit library to involve location data in my game. Now I can easily create a MapView of my own with your awesome plugin, but the map is covering everything in Unity (e.g. UI buttons). What should I do to move the MapView below everything in Unity? How can I put some Unity UI buttons above the map?

Thank you

44. Sebrofjr

Sebrofjr

We have been trying here as well and are receiving the same errors when running the app from xcode. Were you able to figure this out?

45. blitzred2

blitzred2

Hello,

I am trying to use the Social.Share() functionality, which is working fine with the exception of one problem. On ipad Air 2 runing iOS 8.1.2 it works once but than it will not bring up the menu ever again until the app is restarted, but on an iPhone 4 it runs fine everytime I go in to open it. I am wondering if anyone has a fix for this issue. The call is made as followed
    Code (CSharp):
    1.   SocialXT.Share(new object[] {
    2.             "This is my test for iPAD air 2",
    3.                 "http://www.google.com/",
    4.         });
    while including U3DXT.iOS.Social and U3DXT.iOS.Native.Social.
    I am running Unity 4.6.3f1 and U3DXT pro version 1.7.1.2.

Thank you

46. StarManta

StarManta

I feel like I've missed some important step in importing the package, because it won't compile - I get hundreds upon hundreds of errors in XCode when I try to play on device (see attachment). Since the video tutorials skip the entire XCode part of the process, I have no way to know if I did something slightly wrong there or what.

Unity 4.6.5, XCode 6.3.1, OS X 10.10.2

Attached Files:

47. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@StarManta , this plugin has been discontinued and unsupported for awhile. I believe it is open-source now, so I'd recommend finding an alternative solution or look for where the source is.

48. StarManta

StarManta

Be happy to. Any other plugins support access to iOS's Multipeer Connectivity features?

49. Moonjump

Moonjump

Prime31 has a Multipeer plugin.

https://prime31.com/docs#iosMultiPeer

50. M-Hanssen

M-Hanssen

We are using U3DXT to be able to add an event to the default iOs calendar on the fly. Using unity 5.0.1f we get the following error when executing the "PersonalXT.Init()" method in order to ask permission to use the iOs calendar:

Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "U3DXT.Core.CoreXT" threw an exception.

The actual exception when debugging in Xcode is a "EXC_BAD_ACCESS" On the line where the "UiScreen" is add to the UiManager, but gives me little to no specific info.

Anyone has some info about using this U3DXT function inside Unity 5?