Search Unity

Anyone here using a MacBook Air for iOS Unity3D development?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Girl + Robot, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Girl + Robot

Girl + Robot

Anyone here using a MacBook Air for iOS Unity3D development?

I tried to search around, but could find precious little about people ACTUALLY using MacBook Air's for iOS Unity3D development.

I would be using the 13" MacBook Air with the i7 CPU and 4GB RAM, which has the same 1440x900 screen resolution that I have on my current MacBook Pro 15".

As previously mentioned, I own a MacBook Pro 15" ( 2008 first unibody model ), and find it a pain in the butt to carry around. I don't have any issue with the cost of the MacBook Air, and the latest rev seems to have a good CPU, and I am unsure if the Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics would be able to hold up. If I can get better then iPad2 playback speed while playing in the editor, then it fits the bill nicely ( which I am pretty sure isn't a problem ).

I am mostly looking for other people's experiences using the MacBook Air for development, so if you have done so on a 2010 or 2011 MacBook Air, I would love to hear from you, thanks in advance.

2. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

i have a 13 inches mac book pro early 2011 with intel graphic hd 3000( the lowest mac book pro model). and it works great with unity, i never had a problem with it at all.. it has a performance similar to the nvidia 320m that were included before in some macs

i replied because modern Airs have similar specs and i can say you would not have any problem at all, and less if you are going to develop ios games with it, i once installed windows 7 via bootcamp, and i could play unreal tournament 3 with fairly fluent frame rate

so, i would say go ahead