Search Unity

Anyone having problems with the Bought of Unity Android Pro?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polyphobia3d, Nov 8, 2010.

1. polyphobia3d

polyphobia3d

So i bought Unity Pro on september 29th as well as the upgrade to Android pro at the same day, Unity support kept replying that i should wait a day or two, i waited quite a while, a week, 2 weeks. Still no other reply by Unity Support than "wait a few days".

I bought both with paypal, i sent them both paypal receipts, with both unique transaction IDs, unity told me that only one ID is active, the other isn't in their system.
    So i contacted Paypal, they told me, that the money definitely left my account to Unity, Unity still refused that my money is at their account.
    After almost a month of waiting Paypal told me to open a case, on which no one at Unity ever replied, even though i sent them the unique Case ID, so paypal now finally gave me my money back - hummm if Unity never recieved my payment, why giving me money back?

Ok i thought, well lets buy that upgrade again, to my surprise the offer with the Nexus one as a testing device is gone, but the price is still as high as before.
    I'm feeling tricked and that all that stuff happened on purpose to not give out the cellphones or whatever.

I'm really annoyed about this and was wondering if anyone else had this stuff happening?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  2. andeeeee

andeeeee

I don't know what has gone wrong here but I'm sorry this has been such a nuisance for you. I've directly contacted someone in sales about this, requesting an urgent response.

3. caitlyn

caitlyn

Hi Poly,

We really, really regret any unpleasantness in your experience. Something must have gone wrong during the PayPal transaction and for whatever reason, we never received it. After reading your inquiry, we found the whole thing so odd that we eventually escalated it to the Director of Finance, since he has more authority to drill down into the PayPal system. I haven't chatted with him over the weekend so I'm not quite sure what happened, though all in all, we're VERY relieved to hear that you received your money back from PayPal in the end.

Regarding the Nexus One promotion-- regrettably we had only a limited number of Nexus One phones and they are already all gone, as they were on a first come first serve basis. But considering these unusual circumstances which caused a legitimate delay, we'll be in touch soon to sort you out fairly!

Thanks again for your patience!

Caitlyn

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010