Search Unity

Anyone have any tutorial or examples of realistic hair in unity? using the Hair Shader

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by altepTest, Feb 23, 2021.

1. altepTest

altepTest

Here is the shader

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...-definition@10.1/manual/Master-Node-Hair.html

it claims that "The Hair Shader is purpose-built to accurately render realistic hair in your Unity Project. It uses an improved Kajiya Kay lighting model which features better energy conservation and provides you with more flexibility."

Now that page have small image that shows close to nothing.

I have months now that I'm struggling with actually getting this to work. I've managed to implement the use of depth maps in the shader to fix the intersecting polygons. But I have a lot of issues with the transparency. It doesn't look right.

I would love to know how to add that noise/fuzziness effect like unreal have in their hair shader to hide the crisp look of the default shader. Would had been great to let me add tangent maps to better control the reflections.

Speaking of unreal, they have this advanced hair system with physics and simulation. Really really starting to regret sticking with unity.

Please help, someone have any online resource to let me create a hair material that at leas looks like the one from unreal? I'm not asking for the advanced features like simulation and the rest.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021