Search Unity

Anyone had dealings with Appodeal?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Munchy2007, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Hi everyone, I've been approached by a company called Appodeal www.appodeal.com, who are offering to help promote one of my Unity games.

They look on the level, and on paper what they are offering me sounds okay, but I live in the real world, so I know that not everything that glitters is gold!

I was wondering if anyone here has had dealings with them and was able to recommend or warn against using them.

Many thanks.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

No idea about this specific company, but my experience is that these things are all scams.

Your mileage may vary and of course it is your money to spend. Prove me wrong!

3. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Thanks Kurt, that's why I was hoping to hear from someone with first hand experience of them before I decide what to do.

It's an ad mediation/monetization service, so free to use, but obviously I don't know how good they are at paying out and whether their eCPM is as good as they claim.

I've found both good and bad comments searching on Google, but even that doesn't tell the whole story, because I've also seen plenty of people complain about Unity ads eCPM, whilst for me Unity ads perform exceptionally well. And by the same token, I've seen plenty of people complaining about Google suspending their AdMob account for no reason.

I'm just trying to get as much info about them as I can before I make up my mind one way or the other.

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  4. Vectorbox

Vectorbox

There's minimal activity on Trustpilot, but what there is does not inspire confidence...

Link
    Trustpilot Reviews

5. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Thanks @Vectorbox I had already seen that. Was one of things that prompted me to post here to see if I could get more first hand feedback from users of the service.

The thing is I've also seen many more complaints from people saying that AdMob have suspended accounts for no apparent reason. (The obvious suspicion is that they've been displaying and clicking live ads on their own devices).

I'm still firmly on the fence at the moment!

Vectorbox likes this.
  6. Enzozvif

Enzozvif

Don't use this S***, they are all scammer, they would tell you you need at least 5000 impression to normalized the revenue otherwise the ecpm would only show around 0.005 from USA country and super low fill rate around 10% which you take long time and can't get any revenue,they would reuqire connect to your admob account and steal your data you can't even disconnect it that is how they work