Search Unity

Anyone get water to work properly?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by TheVonTrappFamily, Sep 1, 2016.

1. TheVonTrappFamily

TheVonTrappFamily

I've been trying to use WaterProDaytime with my VR scene, but it has some weird problems. There's some weird distortion with the rendering. And moving your headset around reveals some motion that shouldn't occur with the reflection. Anyone have any pointers on how to make this work?

2. Hormic

Hormic

Sorry i have no answer to your question, but i'm curious which Water or Ocean Asset is working now with VR.
    So i'm not aware of WaterProDaytime but this one seems not working properly.
    What is with Ceto which is on sale now, or AQUAS?
    So would be interesting to hear some testimonials with the different assets.

3. Radius

Radius

I tried using AQUAS for water, it looks amazing, but get a large drop in frame rate even using the basic mobile shader. I really want to find a good VR water solution also, have tried quite a few assets but nothing usable so far. If someone made a water asset specifically optimized for VR it would be an instant purchase.

Hormic likes this.
  4. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Have you found any asset like this? Having serious issues on the Oculus Go/Quest :(