Search Unity

Anyone else notice this trend?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Not_Sure, Jul 27, 2017.

1. neginfinity

neginfinity

I propose to start discussing grass and gardening supplies again.

EternalAmbiguity and hippocoder like this.
  2. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

Before this goes so far off topic it gets locked. I'm in favor of an off topic thread to randomly discuss anything not game dev political or religion related. Like what a big shot game dev does on their yacht when not raking in cash. Maybe get metal legs? Its a risky operation but I think its worth it.

Not_Sure likes this.
  3. orb

orb

This thread started with a question from a visitor from Earth 29, and it's only natural it returns in spirit.

hippocoder likes this.
  4. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Uhm.... What pacificly is this guy, like, trying to say??

5. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

I think he means most people are dumb as rocks. I have to agree and even include myself at times.

6. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Nuh uh. Peoples smart.

FrankenCreations likes this.
  7. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Trolling isn't allowed btw, so only post if you do have something to say, thanks @BIGTIMEMASTER

9. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

To add something worthwhile to this thread, I will reiterate what erbody else said and remind the OP be careful about trying to make reality fit your assumptions and not the other way around. The greatest wisdom, to paraphrase some famous quote from some great philosopher, is in knowing that you know nothing at all.

hippocoder likes this.
  10. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Sorry to go back so far, but do keep in mind that it's just about certain that Netflix got rid of stars as a direct result of the Amy Schumer fiasco.

Basically all of 4chan bombard the special with one star and were going so far as vandalizing ads for it with one star.

11. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

No, they did this on their trial run before this show came out. What you are looking at is publicity and general pranks.

12. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Did they?

Man, I need to stop talking. I'm all sorts of wrong this week.

13. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yeah by at least a year... But its ok to make mistakes dude, don't stop posting for the love of all that is sociable :p

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  14. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Well the mod they shut down was a single-player only mod. It had no sanctioned crossover with the online component. So Rockstar wasn't really justified in claiming it was about online play.

15. RockoDyne

RockoDyne

If there is anything I've learned from my time around the manga and anime communities, it's that most people can't rate something for S***. Most people only use three scores: ten, seven, and one (or potentially three if they can't accept that something could be that bad). Those scores basically translate to "it was absolutely amazing," "it was fine," and "oh my god, I'm so triggered right now." At their stage, liking or disliking something has almost entirely to do with whether the person enjoys the genre trappings, rather than any gauge of quality. The scores really don't say anything of value.

Maybe the only scoring system I've felt that actually means something is the "{pregnant pause} out of five" rating used by Extended Play/X Play/Rev3Games. You get one rating for "you must absolutely play this," a rating to stay the hell away from, and the middle three end up being dependent on how much you like the genre. It's a rating system built with the intention of being for recommendations. Of course this still means that anyone using that system still needs to understand genre.

16. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

That pretty much matches the theory from all the survey training I've done. 3-4 categories is about as accurate as humans tend to get. Throwing in more just generates noise.