Search Unity

Anyone else having trouble importing blender assets?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by g1i1ch, Aug 28, 2015.

1. g1i1ch

g1i1ch

When I create new blender files, it doesn't appear to be importing at all. No preview image and can't add it to the scene. Here's a screenshot.

2. Fab4

Fab4

There are issues with blender to unity exchanges, but I had no problems since 2.74 anymore.
    Could you specify what you wanted to do and how you proceeded?

3. Tak

Tak

It should Just Work (it's using blender's fbx export api, same on all platforms), but you may have better luck manually exploring to fbx first from blender.

4. g1i1ch

g1i1ch

This is using blender 2.74, it's not doing anything complicated, pretty much a cylinder with two materials. I made it in Blender and saved it in the working directory. That's all I did. But it is a copy of an existing project I was working on. Just to see how things ran. (The project runs fine except for this)

Restarting Unity or reimporting have no effect.

I haven't tested fbx yet, I'll try it later today and report back.

5. Fab4

Fab4

As Tak mentioned try to export as FBX first. As far as I know the direct import of blend files uses the FBX exporter anyway.
    By doing it manually you have imp more control about the process.

To keep your file clean make sure that you first select the meshes that are to be exported, than choose 'Selected only' in export menu.

Everything should work fine by dragging the FBX file into the unity project window.