Search Unity

Anybody using HDRP for offline renders?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Enigma229, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Enigma229

Enigma229

I use HDRP for offline rendered cinematics where run time performance isn’t as much as a factor because Unity Recorder is rendering out each frame from Timeline.

Is anyone else doing this? If so could you share some of your settings for outdoor scenes?

2. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Not offline in large scale projects here but since path/raytracing isn't currently supported for many outside elements fully you may have to jump a few more hoops than with a dedicated renderer.

alternatively, Deckard is a great asset by @olix4242. It has a lot of physically-based modelled custom passes targeted specifically at offline rendering.
    The asset is still experimental and HDRP more so, but the publisher is fairly responsive if you need to find out more I'm sure they'll be happy to pitch it.

3. Enigma229

Enigma229

I’m at a crossroads. Stick with Unity for such endeavors or switch to Unreal (which I’ve never used but hear it’s very artist friendly)?

I’ve looked into Deckard and I’d rather not invest in another third party plug-in.

4. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Unreal would be very viable if you're only going an artistic route, as you'd only have to learn blueprints on the technical level.

But I generally find HDRP to be quite welcoming to cinematics and physically based standards.

It's just a lot of steps to take to push beyond the typical unity-esque look.

chadfranklin47 likes this.