Search Unity

Question Anybody having issues with Oculus and the new gen of computer hardware

Discussion in 'VR' started by mikeNspired, Feb 17, 2023.

1. mikeNspired

mikeNspired

"Unable to start Oculus XR Plugin."

I can run my projects perfectly fine on my other computers, but my new Alienware M16 with the RTX 4080 and 13th gen I9. I cannot get to work in Unity with oculus link. I'm going to have to pull out a clunky WMR headset to continue deving.

Oculus does say at the top "Your computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications" but I am able to play oculus or steamVR games just fine with oculus link.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

1. Maybe oculus says that because it runs on the iGPU?
    2. Maybe just use OpenXR, then you can run steamvr, windows mr, and oculus runtimes with maybe less issues

mikeNspired likes this.
  3. Aghawa

Aghawa

Make sure to check your INTEGRATED graphics drivers are up-to-date. In my experience, had both a AMD iGPU and a RTX GPU, and until I updated the iGPU drivers, the system wasn't able to start VR software on the RTX and always tried to run it on the iGPU. Sounds like it's your issue.

If you want to confirm whether that's the case or not, go in your Device Management, DISABLE your iGPU (your screen will change resolution and such), and THEN try to run Oculus. The system won't have a choice but start everything on your RTX.
    If that happens, then yeah, update your iGPU drivers :)

Niter88 and DevDunk like this.