Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody have BASS.NET working with Unity 5?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by elbows, Mar 17, 2015.

1. elbows

elbows

I'm not exactly expecting a flood of replies but thought I'd ask on the off chance anyway.

I never tried to get BASS & BASS.NET working with older versions of Unity, so I am at a disadvantage trying to get it working in 5.

As a starting point I thought I would try the following example that someone generously shared for Unity 4:

http://hellomeow.net/unity-mp3-importer/

But no matter which version of the BASS dll's I use, where I put them, and no matter the platform options I select for the dlls inside unity, I just get a bass.dll not found error. Any ideas?

My attempts were in the editor only, 64 bit, on Windows 8.1. I guess I will attempt to try with the 32 bit unity editor out of desperation and to rule something out.

2. HelloMeow

HelloMeow

You have to use the 64bit dlls with the 64bit editor. Just put bass.dll in "Unity 5\Editor" and bass.net.dll in your assets folder.

I use the one from bass24.zip\x64\mp3-free. It uses the OS's mp3 decoder, so you won't have to mess with any mp3 licensing.

elbows likes this.
  3. elbows

elbows

Thanks for your invaluable knowledge-sharing. I've not tried it yet but I think my problem was due to a simple mistake when reading the instructions - I was putting the dll in a folder called Editor inside my project, not the folder where the unity editor lives, oops!

As for mp3 issues, I'm actually using your code as a starting point, my actual aim involves WASAPI loopback!

4. elbows

elbows

It's alive, it's alive!

Thanks again :)

5. elbows

elbows

And now fft data from WASAPI loopback is coming in :)

Ahh what a relief, I tried to do this years ago using naudio but there is a problem getting WASAPI working inside Unity using that library.