Search Unity

Anybody could help us to make a WebGL animated scrollable website?

Discussion in 'Web' started by evmikkol, Nov 6, 2019.

1. evmikkol

evmikkol

We are a team making music for an artist in Los Angeles. We have a new album which will be released March 2020. We would need someone to help us to program a WebGL Website. We already have a great design of it visually in Photoshop. It could be a free or paid project. It will get a great promotion too because we will put money to the promotion. Here is a song from our previous album:

please contact us: dkmanaging@hotmail.com

2. mgear

mgear

just a random comment here,
    i wouldn't really use unity for a web page.. (unless it really needs full game engine stuff).
    otherwise could use hmtl+css+js and any popular frameworks to do effects/3d/music etc. and that would probably load much faster, work on more devices, seo friendly, responsive, be easily editable (instead of compiling from unity) etc.

3. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Have to agree with mgear,

WebGL is Unity's weakest platform because of restrictions with autoplay media (video, audio) in web browsers. There are other issues that break down to the different browsers' lack of support for certain features, so a "universal" webGL project is kind of narrow and specialized (you may need an expert to deliver a "basic" project that can run on most browsers.)

Since you have a design in Photoshop, I recommend an HTML5 builder like Tumult's Hype (Mac-only). It's artist-friendly, and you don't need to know javascript or CSS (but it helps for advanced stuff). It's not 3D, but it's designed for media-rich online presentations/animations.

4. evmikkol

evmikkol

Hi! Thanks for the great answer. I just recently discovered WebGL websites and demo projects which I have seen in the internet. I didn't really know how they are done. Our design would be a long page which you can scroll from up to down and if you move mouse to the left or right, it would show more content on the left or right in 3D. Also there could be some 3D WebGL animations going on in the background. Then there would be couple youtube videos on the page on top of the background and some other content. Also a bar with audio player from Spotify or something like that.

Thanks for the suggestion. We will look into that first!

5. evmikkol

evmikkol

Okay, thanks for the info. Yeah, I really didn't know how these interactive 3D WegGL websites are made. I guess then I would need to find someone who could do that what you mentioned. I can also program website with HTML, CSS and JS, but I have never done any 3D stuff or effects. But I could take some courses on that.

6. mgear

mgear

three.js is probably most popular, has lots of things ready to use.

found some list here, haven't heard most of those..other than pixijs, personally i'd use three.js or that.
    https://gist.github.com/dmnsgn/76878ba6903cf15789b712464875cfdc
    (i've done 3d/360 panorama webapps using three.js, works fine in mobile too)

7. evmikkol

evmikkol

I started taking three.js online course in LinkedIn learning, and already learned how to make some basic 3D stuff for website! That's amazing and not even that difficult than I thought. Thanks, I'll check that list.