Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Any working tutorials for setting up latest AR in Unity?

Discussion in 'AR' started by PsychoDuckArcade, May 22, 2019.

1. PsychoDuckArcade

PsychoDuckArcade

Even following the official manual doesn't work for me. I'm assuming ARFoundation is the latest way to do AR (I used to use vuforia way back), but I can't find an official tutorial on setting up and building a basic AR app with it. Like just a cube in AR for example. Everything I've tried I'm guessing is outdated because I keep getting errors building an empty project after just installing the packages, ARFoundation, ARCore, and ARKit.

Where's the official latest documentation/tutorial/manual for AR in Unity?

2. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

ARFoundation is the latest way to do handheld AR (ARCore and ARKit) in Unity. You can access it from the Package Manager (Window > Package Manager) in Unity. There's a link to the docs from there. That link also mentions the samples GitHub repo.

This forum post might also help explain what's new and how to get started.

3. icefox57

icefox57

i got 404 for github link

4. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

There was a short-lived problem which made the samples repo private. That should be resolved now.

5. icefox57

icefox57

thank you very much

6. robhennigar

robhennigar

Hi, I've got a problem in that when I try to build and run the "SimpleAR" scene example I get a flickering magenta screen. I'm definitely not the most technically savvy person, so I thought I'd start with the "Simple" example first. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've been able to get other examples to work - a basic floating cube in the room, (Not from the ARFoundation Github though) so I believe that I understand the workflow, at least at a basic level.. Thanks, in advance!