Search Unity

Any way to restart Unity playback when debugging with Visual Studio?

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by 00christian00, Apr 11, 2018.

1. 00christian00

00christian00

Maybe I'm stupid, but I still haven't found a way to restart the Editor playback from within visual studio.
    This is very annoying because when I have to debug some rapid loop , I have to start debug, start unity, check the code, stop debug because I can't stop unity in time before the new breakpoint fire, and repeat everything from start.
    The alternative is disable all breakpoint and renable them before restart playback, but it's still very slow.
    Isn't there a way to restart playback from within visual studio just like you do when debugging every other normal software?
    Clicking restart in Visual studio, seem to only restart the debugger not Unity.

2. 00christian00

00christian00

I think I just found it. Kind of slow, but at least it does everything by itself.
    Inside Visual Studio next to the play button there is a drop down that says "Attach to Unity and play".
    If you select that, when you debug and click the restart button it will restart playback not just the debugger.
    It seem kind of buggy, if it's not debugging before playback it is not able to restart.
    Also often it is not starting playback by itself.