Search Unity

Question Any way to mirror generic animations? (non humanoid/no skeleton)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Follet, May 24, 2022.

1. Follet

Follet

So I have a spaceship in my game, where all of it's parts are floating (think of Rayman character but instead of floating hands, floating wings, made of multiple pieces each wing).

So I want to animate those, making like a "bird wing flap" on jumping, pieces extending flat on landing etc... So each animation is the exact same for one side as the other, but can't manage to mirror the animations (didn't find it in blender either).

I found an old post of a guy, saying to "put negatives on the animations values to mirror the other side" but each animation will move like 6 pieces per side (12 pieces), on elaborated movements (rotations and positions) and there are a lot of complex animations I need to do. Doing this would be extremely slow and time consuming. That without keeping in mind I want to add more ships to the game if possible.

So, is there any way, either inside unity or outside (using other software) to mirror animations for non-humanoid?

Thanks!

Edit:So it seems that there is no way of doing so that I could find out. BUT, you can create armature/bones/skeleton without the need of it being "humanoid" or "animal like", so I did use bones in a very weird way for my ship, and it worked just as I needed to.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022