Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Any way to have a console while deploying to Hololens?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Wallawocko, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Wallawocko

Wallawocko

Hey guys,

Just as the title says... How do i get a console (either in the lens itself or on my machine via usb) for developing on the hololens for Unity? Been googling and don't see any step by step guides for this..

Thanks

2. BrandonFogerty

BrandonFogerty

Hi Wallawocko,

The debug console will not be displayed on device. However if you are running your built solution from Visual Studio, your debug logs will appear in Visual Studio's Output console. If you prefer to see your log on the HoloLens, you will need to implement your own custom log handler. The following is a custom debug log handler that sends debug logs to a file.

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/ILogHandler.html

I hope that helps.

3. Wallawocko

Wallawocko

Thanks - How about screenshots? Is there a way to capture what is currently being seen by the Hololens?

4. BrandonFogerty

BrandonFogerty

Hi Wallawocko,

The PhotoCapture api can capture screen shots of what you are looking at. However it can not capture holograms. If you want to capture holograms, you can say "Hey Cortana. Take Picture". Cortana will take a snap shot and store it in your camera roll on device. You can also have Cortana record a video by saying "Hey Cortana. Start Recording" and "Hey Cortana. Stop Recording".

I hope that helps!

5. Wallawocko

Wallawocko

Great! Now how do I get those videos (if not using OneDrive?)?
    People keep mentioning "WebB" but i'm not sure how to do that.
    From my computer i've gone to: http://127.0.0.1:10080/AppManager.htm (replacing 127.0.0.1 with my device's local IP address from its settings window) and nothing happens... any insight?

6. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

for the 127.0.0.1 IP address to work you need to be connected to the to the computer via usb cord. Or you can use your IP address if the HoloLens is connected to wifi.

Thank you,
    Wesley

7. ScottF

ScottF

Vice President, Platforms

@Wallawocko you can navigate your browser directly to the device IP (without the 10080 port #). Within this web interface is a Mixed Reality Recorder which should allow you to take photos and record video.