Search Unity

Any way to get Keystore back?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DavidC02, Feb 16, 2017.

1. DavidC02

DavidC02

Hey guys,

We have an issue with the Keystore for one of our apps and we'd like to know if there's anything we can do.

So back a few months ago our publisher went bankrupt and because of this we weren't able to get our Google Play Keystore from them. We used to send them unsigned APK and they'd sign it, so we never got it, we've checked everywhere, every e-mail, Dropbox, NAS, and it's just not there.

As far as we can tell, there's nothing left to do other than publish the game again, but we want to make absolutely sure this is what we need to do before doing it, which is why I come here, is there any sort of exception?

Thanks for your help.

2. DavidC02

DavidC02

3. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Instead of bumping, try adding something meaningful like, other resources and findings you've had, places you've researched while waiting here for an answer.

The best people to ask in this case would actually be Google themselves but my gut is telling me there's nothing you can do as those keys are private and they were owned by the bankrupt company.

4. DavidC02

DavidC02

Thanks for the response, we contacted Google and got this response:
    Due to multiple reasons including security concerns, the only solution to this issue is to publish a new app with a new package name and a new key. In order to transition existing users to the new app, you’ll need to update the original app’s description with a link to the new app and unpublish the original app.

I absolutely understand this is a significant inconvenience, however Google does not keep a copy of your keystore and at this time we do not support the deletion of apps or the re-use of package names.