Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Any way to add assembly definitions when exporting packages?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Sharlatan, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Sharlatan

Sharlatan

Hey everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the right sub forum to ask, so, if not, sorry and please point me in the right direction!

My question is: Is there any way to export assembly definitions as well, when exporting a package?

I've got a utility project that I use in other projects. For reasons like quickly looking up code, make experimental changes, etc. within the project I'm currently working on, I export the utility project files as asset package and not as dll. Problem is though, the export dialog doesn't let me select assembly definition files.

This means, that I have to set up the assembly definitions in the utility project, then when I export the files and import them in another project again, I will also have to manually copy and clone the whole assembly definition structure I have in the utility project in the other project as well. And every time I make any changes concerning assembly definitions in the utility project, I have to manually update those changes in all the other projects that make use of the utility project.

Surely, there must be a better way. Am I missing something?
    Thanks!

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hey. This sounds like a bug. Could you please file a bug report so we can investigate?

unityunity