Search Unity

Any way to Access the Unity Inspector Frame/Window itself ?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Flow-Fire-Games, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

Hello,
    We were trying to add a icon to the inspector but we can not find any way
    to do it. Is there any known way to access that spot ?

Thanks in advance
    Best regards,

2. ANTARES_XXI

ANTARES_XXI

This post will help you.

So, you need to do something like this:
    Exam.png

One more thing, your script must be derived from ScriptableObject, otherwise you will see standard C#/JS/Boo icon in the top left corner of the component.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  3. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

Not really, we are looking to add some kind of label/button between the name of the script and the Reference button on the right (the red spots on the picture above). Thanks though.

4. ANTARES_XXI

ANTARES_XXI

5. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

No, this is not about CustomEditor. This is about the Inspector window itself.
    We are looking for a way to change the Headline above the classes CustomEditor (in terms of HTML: the CustomEditor is the body, we are looking for the header).
    I dug into the UnityEditor assembly and am able to isolate the Inspector class (derived from EditorWindow) but couldn't figure out a way to change the way it draws the attached Mono classes.
    The only possible way seems to be writing our very own Inspector window which is way over the top for what we have in mind.

6. fcorbel

fcorbel

Hey ! I'm still having trouble finding an answer to that question. For sure it's possible, I saw some pluggins in AssetStore doing it. But HOW ? :D