Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Updates?

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by CDF, Jul 17, 2019.

1. CDF

CDF

So it's been over 3 months without an update. Is the next update coming soon?
    Right now the memory profiler works about 20% of the time for me.
    On Android, capturing the player just freezes the app and never completes.
    Sometimes can't even make a connection. No errors or warnings output, just a progress bar that sits at 100% for hours :(

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    You haven't seen any updates to the memory profiler package in a while, because we're working on a refactor of parts of the backend. Those changes are happening in the main codebase and should hopefully fix a whole host of issues related to the backend failing to take a snapshot. Unfortunately you will have to be patient a while longer, but rest assured, we haven't abandoned it.

The connection problems are another important issue to all of Unity's profiling and something we are focusing on finding a solution for as well.

CDF likes this.
  3. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

We just released
    0.1.0-preview.7
    . That does not relate to any of the backend fixes, except for screenshotting capabilities on 2019.3 though, so crashes and connection issues are not addressed yet. There are some fixes in crawling and the UI though, so I hope it helps somewhat.

4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

5. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

No, I meant issues in the connection between profiler and player.
    Then again, since the backend didn't change yet, neither did how we collect connections.

I've replied to that thread though.

Peter77 likes this.
  6. CDF

CDF

Coming up on another 4 months without an update. Is this still being developed?

7. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Well, we've releases 0.1.0-preview.8 6 days before you posted ;)
    Also, that version includes the UI changes needed for the backend fix for the native objects connections mentioned above and in that thread. That backend change alone was quite heavy. Basically a whole bunch of work on this is entirely invisible on a surface level.

P.s. Please note that the backend changes necessary for the connection fix only landed on 2020.1 and were backported to 2019.3 only.