Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity UI Any Unity replacments for scrollRects? They are buggy beyond belief

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by MrLucid72, Jan 13, 2018.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

For years, people have been asking for scrollRect fixes for how buggy they are in all forms. I'll just simply click on a scrollRect and the viewport will just shift 50% to the left. I'll start, stop, play again and it'll align differently without touching a thing.

UI elements collapsing upon each other creating red "X" that is unrecoverable until you start the scene and stop it again, then it jumps back to normal.

Now, right after I uploaded that screenshot, I clicked back into Unity and it now looks like this (note the same red X is still there -- this is literally clicking outside of Unity and back in):

I'll open a scene, close it, open it back up again and things will be in different positions and anchors/alignment within the scrollRect. I could probably walk away from the computer, return, and it will be different. I'm not sure what's up with the instability and inconsistency of it, even in new projects.

Overall, it's just unacceptably terrible.

Similar to TextMesh Pro, are there any alternatives that sort just replace the entire scroll rect engine with their own?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018