Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Any Tiny project throw Ambiguous reference in ConvertParticleSystem.cs

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by sthill95, Nov 3, 2021.

1. sthill95

sthill95

Hello there,

I tried to launch a project from scratch downloading com.unity.tiny.all by name in Package Manager.
    And in a second time, simply tried to open TinyRacing project from Samples repo.

Both projects throw the error :
    upload_2021-11-3_12-34-51.png
    ('Range' is an ambiguous reference between 'Unity.Tiny.Particles.Range' and 'System.Range')

This is a classical error that I understand but I tried to open the cs file and added "Unity.Tiny.Particles." at the right places killing the ambiguous situation but I cannot save the file.

As it will happen to anybody, do we have a simple workaround or when will it be fixed ?

Unity version 2021.2.0f1

Best regards

Stéphane

2. GilCat

GilCat

Can you try with Unity 2020.1.x as suggested by the Get Started docs?
    I had problems with earlier versions of
    Unity.

3. GilCat

GilCat

If you really feel that you must edit that file you must edit at C:\Users\<YOUR USER>\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages. Here are the cached packages that will overwrite the ones in your project Library, just make sure to after editing the source package also do some edit in your Library in order for them to be rewritten.

4. bilalakil

bilalakil

Can confirm that I encountered this issue with Tiny 0.32.0 on Unity 2021.2.9f1. Downgrading to Unity 2020.3.26f1 seems to have solved the problem.