Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Any success using [url]WWW.UnityLoadWeb??[/url]

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by PRD, Mar 27, 2008.

1. PRD

PRD

Did anyone have any success using the WWW.UnityLoadWeb function? I am trying to use it for streaming in large levels. Right now it crashes my browser during the UnityLoadWeb call. I already submitted a bug report as well, but was just wondering if anyone successfully used that function. Thanks!

Here is a basic code implementation:

Code (csharp):
    2. var stream;
    4. function Start () {
    5.   stream = new WWW ("http://unity3d.com/gallery/live-demos/players/shadows.unity3d");
    6.   yield stream;
    8.   if (stream.error == null) print ("no error");
    9. }
    11. function OnGUI () {
    12.   if (stream.isDone)
    13.     if (GUI.Button (Rect (10,10,100,25), "Load New Level"))
    14.       stream.LoadUnityWeb();
    15. }

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I reported that LoadUnityWeb was crashing for me a few months ago, when I upgraded to Unity 2.0. I had a front-end player that loaded all my other players via LoadUnityWeb and ended up throwing that away. Last time I checked, the bug was still marked as Open in the bug database (nice to be able to check that, now!)

3. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

This will be fixed with the next Unity update.

4. tsphillips

tsphillips

I'll confirm that is does crash. We are using Application.OpenURL() for for now.

WWW also has problems with the http POST method on some versions of Internet Explorer.

5. mia

mia

is there anyway to view all open issues and their associated status? for example would be nice to see this one listed with a status of 'open/to-be-fixed-next-release' or something along those lines. maybe even have a way for folks to tag an existing issue with a 'me too' flag instead of entering a dupe.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'd love to see the Sun Bug Parade feature, too, where you can vote for bugs you want to see fixed in the next version.

Short of that, it'd be nice to have a Severity field in the bug reporter - this was certainly more important than all the documentation bugs I reported.