Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Any steamwork and steampipe tutorial?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xhitman, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Xhitman

Xhitman

I can't get think work even look at their document and video.

I just want to upload my unity to steamwork for testing.

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Unfortunately no.

I wanted to create a set of videos, because its a pain of a process. However most of the steamwoks/steampipe stuff is behind NDA pages. Very few devs are willing to publicly take the risk of damaging their relationship with steam.

Note that occasionally their automated processes break completely and you need to have them manually do stuff for you.

3. Xhitman

Xhitman

Really pain.

Anyway, anyone know what's the meaning of "referenced by 2 packages" in the "configuring depots"?

4. Ony

Ony

I just went through this whole ordeal myself, and yes, it can be a headache. Ended up following multiple tutorials, reading Gamasutra articles, watching videos, reading reddit posts, etc. Sorry, I wish I could be more help than that, but yeah it's hard to fully explain in small bites. Just take it one step at a time and you'll figure it out.

It means you've got 2 packages configured that are using files from one or more depots. Hope that makes sense! Sorry to be obscure, if I am.

5. Murgilod

Murgilod

I plan on logging every single step and posting them on the Steamworks developer forum when my game launches but that's a fair few months off.

Kiwasi and Ony like this.
  6. Xhitman

Xhitman

Well..I can't get it. But it isn't the main problem now, let's forget it.

The real problem now is, I finally upload my game folder to depot (No any error, good?)...but only files name...size is empty?!

I google whole day just to get the file list upload ....:mad:

Maybe we should add a topic for steamwork, steampipe here.

7. Murgilod

Murgilod

Why? Just use the developer forums that exist for this reason.

Kiwasi likes this.
  8. Xhitman

Xhitman

I am checking the old post there while typing here. You can imagine how useful it is...

9. Murgilod

Murgilod

You can make posts too. That's what the forum is for. You can ask for help there, on the place which is populated with people who have first-hand knowledge with these things in a greater scope than these forums.

Kiwasi, MadeFromPolygons and Ony like this.
  10. Xhitman

Xhitman

For anyone who come here while google

1. app id and depot id is different, if all you id is same, you must be wrong.
    2. be careful with the path end "\" and "\*", below is the correct sample, don't miss the *

"ContentRoot" "C:\steamwork\sdk\tools\ContentBuilder\content\"
    "LocalPath" "C:\steamwork\sdk\tools\ContentBuilder\content\SRC\*"

3. After upload successfully, you can check your depot on steamwork, make the depot to be DEFAULT and UPDATE ALIVE. Yes, click two option to make real change. Clicking default only will change nothing.

4. Then you can play your game in steam.

Akshara, Ony and MadeFromPolygons like this.
unityunity