Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Any solution for linear fog in HDRP?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by koolbro569, Dec 28, 2023.

1. koolbro569

koolbro569

Need a way to have linear fog that ends opaque as I'm trying to cull objects at a distance and the regular fog just isn't working, any thoughts?

2. OlavAketun

OlavAketun

None built into hdrp, so you'd have to make it yourself I'm afraid.

3. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

You could implement it (or at least for the culling part) as a custom post process based on depth.

4. koolbro569

koolbro569

Thanks for the reply! Though I've never done shaders or custom post processing so I'm not sure what you're talking about. But I've found a cheeky solution, all I did was make particle system with a donut shape, gave it a misty look, then I made it follow the player. Probably not the greatest solution but I'll take for now I guess.

5. mgeorgedeveloper

mgeorgedeveloper

Well there is a saying... "If it's stupid, but it works, it's not stupid". :)

koolbro569 likes this.