Search Unity

Any skinned mesh renderer changes, Will result to it being invisible.

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by FedeStefan, Jun 18, 2021.

1. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

Hello guys, Currently I'm trying to change all my skinned mesh renders but here's the issue, the arm model i made in blender bugs when i change the [skinned renderer] mesh, This is what i do: I get the model (that was already in unity) then put it into blender and then export it in unity (without no changes at all) and then when i change the original model's mesh, it becomes invisible? How do you fix this issue?

Buuuut, if i duplicate the original model that was in unity, without putting it into blender and then change the skinned mesh render, it works, but if i put the original model that was in unity and then put it into blender without any changes, anything and then putting it in unity, it just bugs out and becomes invisible.
    Any ideas on how to fix this dumb issue?

2. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

hellooooo?

3. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

guys please help this is really frustrating and annoying too.

4. bgolus

bgolus

Unity’s skinned mesh renderers are very picky about the meshes. If anything changes with the vertex or bone count, you usually have to delete everything and remake the hierarchy.

One setting that seems to help a lot is to use the “optimized” rig setting.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/FBXImporter-Rig.html
    This setup means all of the game objects for individual bones are removed, unless you explicitly expose them (again in the import settings).

For the projects I work on, I think our animator & programmer setup something to “fix” all of this, but I don’t actually know what they’re doing. I can ask.

5. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

Thanks for the reply, I'll check about the optimized rig setting.

6. Rispat-Momit

Rispat-Momit

I had the same issue and I Reset the properties of the model in the inspector. I believe that the prefab was not allowing the original model to update to a Skinned Mesh.