Search Unity

Any review websites/blogs out there for Unity Asset Store items?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greggtwep16, May 4, 2015.

1. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

As the title implies, does anyone know of any good in depth review sites or blogs for Unity assets? Games have numerous online sites dedicated to writing up long detailed reviews on current games but I don't know any place for Unity assets (or gamedev assets in general). Yes the store provides reviews as does google play, ios appstore, etc. for games but I'm looking for something in a longer format and blogs tend to also let you get a sense for an author as you read more than one review from the same person.

Perhaps the market is too small to warrant a site like this but I figured I'd ask since I couldn't find one.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I was answering another similar post and thought I'd answer yours - I originally missed - with the same info.

Have you seen this site http://assetsreporter.com/
    It looks like they didn't have the success they were hoping for, but I remember @Assets Reporter reporting several statistical threads and reviews on the site.

3. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

Yeah I had seen the site and liked it when it was created a few months after posting this, it's a shame that they've shuttered. I certainly can understand why though but maybe someday gamedev assets will be a large enough niche where the traffic would be enough to sustain it.

4. Assets-Reporter

Assets-Reporter

Happy to read this. And yes we are back! with a new formula and a new host.
    We are now with Apps.farm (our first day!). We open a new section for everyone who want to stop playing games to start building them. Both unity and the Asset Store are a very good starting point for them.
    Being part of a larger audience will probably help to keep a good service. It is also an ad-free website.
    We will improve the formula step by step. Stats will be back as well.
    List of assets on Apps.farm
    What is an asset on Apps.farm

5. elmar1028

elmar1028

I am planning to write a blog: Unity tutorials + some assets for review ;)

@Assets Reporter glad you guys are back :D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    Assets-Reporter likes this.
  6. Assets-Reporter

Assets-Reporter

Great! @elmar1028 we are open to any synergia!